• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who are the top 5 muzzleloading builders in the U.S.?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zimmerstutzen said:
I've seen some strange side slappers, but I think that it the strangest.

Who made it?

Ron made that gun and I believe it's a 40cal smoothbore and was miss-named "the pitchfork" rifle because people thought the side-slapper was made from a pitchfork. Truth be told it was actually made from the truck mechanism of a Datsun B-210 hatchback. But Ron was never one to let the truth get in the way of a good story. :rotf:

Anyway the gun was sold to a friend named Conrad S., who has since passed, and the rifle was willed back to Ron.

Here's how it's attached to the barrel... I'd really like to have this gun, I think I might just give him a call today and see what he would take for it.

IMG_0029.jpg

While there are several makers known throughout the country that are top quality. There are several makers known only in their local area who do just as good of work. IMHO Any of the top quality makers are good enough to make somebody's list.While I would not mind having one of their guns, if I had one I would be afraid to shoot it and get it dirty!So I'll stick to my rifle that I made myself, or any of the many I have traded for.

Martin for Northampton rifles both transitional and federal period. Brooks for carved and engraved fowlers. Kettenberg for amazing carefully researched hand crafted locks, stocks, and furniture. Shipman for very neat PA rifles. Pratt for very cool iron mounted Woodburyesque stuff. Wheland is puttin out nice stuff.................

Latest posts

Back