• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

where's jackie brown??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berickson

36 Cal.
Reaction score
tried to get in touch with him using an old phone number. had a question for him about a trade gun he sold me.i heard he had an accident but that was a few years ago. is he still in the business?

i like the looks of his rifles but every time ask ask peoples opinion about them the feedback is not good. i know, i know, opinions are like a$$%7^5 everybodys got one but i have heard alot of not so good stuff. i was interested in a conoue smoothbore but changed my mine. does anyone have some pocsitive feedback about Jackies current work?

WOW! I found his website while searching for Schimmels, used plain longrifle. His guns look good! and priced right, $650 for his smoothbore Carolina poorboy. I was thinking about calling him. Might do some more looking now....loojack

I don't like to say bad things about people. So I will leave it at this. Leave him alone. I don't know what sort of trouble he has had. I will never buy any of his guns used and will never get him to build me any thing else. I understand other peoples opions may very this is just my own experiance.
take it with a grain of salt.

mine's a 54 cal/28ga trade gun. was it perfect?? nah.
do i like it- yes.
nice and light , good lock time, but it shoots low, so i was wondering if there was anything that could be done about it. doesn't bother me much with shot, but it would be nice to have a 50 yard "minute of deer" gun.i got it for grousies and snowshoe bunny critters. does fine by them.
thanks for the info on JB's whereabouts guys. when i got mine JB seemed to be all the rage then. heard some contrary since. i'm fine with him (i'd like him better if he accepted canopoly money at par tho) :winking:

The only thing positive I could think of that could be said for Mr. Brown would be that if he was no longer making guns that it would be a positive thing... I finaly kept the third "in the white" gun he sent me and only because I gave up on things getting any better....very poor workmanship and a lot of BS and bedding compound and missdrilled holes to go with it.

hmmmm! that's not the first time i've heard that. maybe i'll get better feed back from the members here than JB so i'll start a post about "smoothbore shoots low" or something. thanks again for the info all

Back