• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

where can I get a (turn screw)tool like this

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john4645

40 Cal.
Reaction score
any info on who makes this?
PDVD_000.jpg

Don't recognize the maker, but any good blacksmith could copy it at a rondy. Is that your only photo?

yea, it is off of the ron ehlert video on building chambers kits. I don't need an exact copy I just like that it is straight, not teed like most screw driver knapping hammers

I think J. Townsend has something similar to that, and I believe Jim Chambers has somehting similiar but again a little different. ...George F.

You can make a pretty good turnscrew by grinding down an old worn out file. I have some that I have been using for decades.

Many Klatch

ask roy from the forum..bet he can make it, probably give it a lifetime warranty...and he's young! ask him! :thumbsup: RC

PitchyPine could probably do it too. he makes some pretty nifty looking stuff.

rebel727 said:
PitchyPine could probably do it too. he makes some pretty nifty looking stuff.
I just now seen this today, did ya get one made, if not give me a shout. :)

A somewhat similar tool is the Pickering Tool, said to be the first musket tool adopted by the Continental Army. Truth is, it was designed and put in the manual, but has no record of manufacture and issue. I believe Townsend's has one. There are a few sutlers who carry them.

Back