• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whats wrong ????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Percussion caps in 1500?!? :confused:

Fire it by hitting on the wall? That's really a great way to aim. :shake:

I wouldn't have pointed the cannon down range when the guy went over to check the target. A gonne is always loaded!

Did ya see where he slammed it down 3 times but only 2 fired? He immediately steps in front of the cannon and starts ramming the rod down the barrels to find out which one DIDNT FIRE...
Guess he never heard of a Hangfire....
Then...they start loading shot loads...what he loads he calls " about 45 cal"....sure looks bigger than that to me...Seems he has no idea of who many grains lead he can load with the 70 grains of powder.....
He goes ons to say that the shot will be traveling " about 500 feet per second".
HE has no idea of true ballistic speed with 70 grains of powder....
I dont think I would want to be firing that
OLD hand forged thing at all....
There is one on ebay at the moment and it is ALL RUSTED up...Hope nobody buys it and tries to fire it after watching this video.....

I contacted the company who put these out after seeing the 3 barrel cannon video.
There response was to "get a life" they know what there doing and have 30 years experience.
They are a bunch of loosers, with a death wish. :youcrazy:

Well, where to begin? In my opinion, what we have here is someone with more money than commonsense. Taking an antique weapon, drilling it and tapping it for new modern nipple caps. And the replys that I have seen suggest that this person can't tell their knees from their elbows.

The origins of blackpowder have been lost to the winds of time. However, I have discovered evidence that gunpowder is just one more trade good that came down the silk road from China, via India. Like any good cook or merchant, recipes are guarded just as well as trade secrets.

CP

Rather than sitting around postulating about what is wrong with that video, why doesn't someone make a video with the CORRECT procedures?

Pork Chop said:
Rather than sitting around postulating about what is wrong with that video, why doesn't someone make a video with the CORRECT procedures?

The correct procedure to fire a weapon 500 years old is not to fire it.

Working towards that end. Been twenty years since I stomped these grounds, takes time to gain access to good shooting grounds. But, I also would agree its a crime to mar a rare piece the way they did.

CP

It would be interesting to know if the nipples were original or if they were added later. If they were used as they were showing in the video, there should be sign of wear. Could the nipples be just fuse holders?

I believe this is the same piece I saw a few years back on ebay. If it is, then the nipples appear to have been replaced. You may see the more photos of the untouched piece on my website.

Here is a photo of the untouched piece:

3barrel1a.jpg

cp.gif

Back