• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Was Under Your Tree?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple books I have been wanting to read for quite a while. They were a gift from my son. Let the Winter winds blow, I don't care.

Attachments

• IMG_20231227_121117_489.jpg
    IMG_20231227_121117_489.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Yeah, them septic tanks! I had a new water well drilled. It can "deplete" your funds. Joy of living in the country though.
That does suck. I had a house full of people and one of my bathrooms decided it needed the toilet rebuilt. Didn't cost a lot but not what I wanted to do on Christmas Eve.

That does suck. I had a house full of people and one of my bathrooms decided it needed the toilet rebuilt. Didn't cost a lot but not what I wanted to do on Christmas Eve.
Very nice. Not many people know how to use basic hand tools anymore. Lucky man.

I was lucky, my grandad was a woodwork master , by 12. I was a competent woodworker doing dovetails and making boats And he got me a super set of tools
Mum was a handicraft teacher too. If you live in a country town you either become a teacher and move away or you work on the farms. I did engineering later, no money in woodwork.

A couple books I have been wanting to read for quite a while. They were a gift from my son. Let the Winter winds blow, I don't care.
The Jamestown Narratives is a great resource, but it is pretty heavily edited. Haile fixed a lot of spellings and such to make it more accessible to modern readers. It’s a great resource, especially for helping you find rabbit holes to dive into! Enjoy!
Jay

Didn’t know you could weld cast! I only forge weld, and that doesn’t work on cast iron.
Jay
It can be brazed with a A/O torch and welded with a TIG welder. It has to be preheated then welded and slow cooled, but should be good as new. Check with some welding shops by you. Some don't like welding cast iron though and will tell you it can't be welded.

worth about 50 cents in todays dollars. :(
Better look a little deeper! The “todays dollars” are what’s losing. The gold are silver are gaining. Check the price on a $20 gold piece!

If you have any silver dollars, especially Carson City silver dollars, I’ll give you fifty cents apiece. Send me all Ya got!

Last edited:
Back