• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What the heck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a CVA , Kentucky long rifle, from the 70s.
I want to remove the breech plug and scrub the surface rust off.
I know I'll have to remove the drum, and nipple.
Any tricks to get it off.
Thanks in advance
Mark
Trick would be to leave it alone. It can be removed, but if you don’t know what you are doing it’s very easy to create burrs and if things are not lined up perfectly during reassembly things go bad fast. Here is what the inside of your breech looks like and what CVA had to say about it.
1715270512957.jpeg

Trick would be to leave it alone. It can be removed, but if you don’t know what you are doing it’s very easy to create burrs and if things are not lined up perfectly during reassembly things go bad fast. Here is what the inside of your breech looks like and what CVA had to say about it.
View attachment 318575
Thanks for showing this picture.dang that looks very complicated.ive learned fast that a simple screwdriver gets me into trouble.

Latest posts

Back