• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What next to hunt?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbore442001

50 Cal.
Reaction score
For us in Massachusetts, the deer season ended on New Year's Eve. Thus endeth the main game hunt. I will assume that now it is nearing the end of January and most states have closed their big game seasons.

So, what do you plan to hunt next?

Furbearers and small game until February 15th. After that, I Chase my squaw around the tee pe a little, Winter up till the spring shoots start.

Headhunter.

I like the way Head Hunter thinks!
I'd like to chase his squaw some too........Oops I mean my Squaw..... :winking:
Paper is the main chase here too till Trout Season. :hatsoff:

Squirrels are still in until Feb 15.
Coon and possum til Feb 10 or 15 depending North or South. Fox til Jan31.
Groundhogs til March 31.
Cototes all year.
Turkeys April - May...
Morels too! Don't need a very big gun for those. :)
Then it's paper until August 1 when squirrels come back in.

Come on down here to Texas and help us kill off some of these doggone feral hogs! They are considered varmits and in many counties there are no closed seasons. You can also hunt exotics any time of the year, but you had better have just won a lottery. The hunts for them are on private high fence land and they get pretty pricey, but it is still less than a trip to Africa.

I wish my uncle was still with us because he always had a couple of good beagles and he introduced me to hunting snowshoe hare. No shortage of coyotes so I guess I'll work on them till the end of Feb.

Jim,
If you know of anywhere we could get on land and shoot hogs, I know of a couple guys that would like to do that.

I was talkin to some fellers over at Amarillo a while back and they was whinin about how the hogs was tearin up their peanuts and cotton and all that, and boo hoo this and boo hoo that. So, sociable me says, well hows about a couple of us just come down for a week and kill hogs for yas?

OH-- not only no but H*ll no. Them hogs is valuable. We get lots a money to let people shoot em..

Well, I figger if they are such a problem, and a guy is willin to pay to drive that far, he wouldnt need to pay to keep them hogs from rootin up their peanuts and cotton. Musta had their prices set a bit high, cause they didnt have nobody wantin to pay them to kill hogs.....I keep hearin that there are farmers that will let you go in and kill hogs, I'm just too far out to be able to meet em.

I'm easy to find on here.

Bill

In Gawga we I will be hunting (Sat.) bunnys, squirrels, and pigs till Feb. 28. Then I will have to wait till the second week of March to hunt turkeys and pigs till May.

After May, it's trout on the trout stream down the road, archery 3D shoots once a month, and paper at the range.

Now if I had time to do all this, it would be great!

great BIG feral hogs and some little ones too. with a 360 grain minnie and about 80 grains of goex. :thumbsup:

Rut is just gettin started in Alabama.

I will spend a few days at the Afalia Roundy,

then ease on up to Alabama and try and sneak up on a good one.

I know where he lives just couldn't close enough last year.

Still going strong on Fox until Feb 14. May take the grandson out for tree rats next weekend as well for some fun in the day light.

Craig

Rabbit, yes lots of em... love bunny oh the fry pan is empty got to fill, got to fill...
yep fried bunny and more fried bunny got to love it...
my best regards a loyalsit Dawg :hatsoff:

Here in Central Fl. it's small game and hogs, in NW Fl. deer season is in til Feb. 25th. I'm suppose to make a trip or two up there in Feb. to deer hunt. First part of March spring gobbler season comes in.

I have always contemplated that special Febuary hunt. Have you gone on it before? If so, how was the hunting? Did you get any deer? Thanks

You southern boys got it made. I would love to bust some pigs, But up here in Ohio all I have is groundhogs and yoters :cursing:

Josh

captaincaveman said:
You southern boys got it made. I would love to bust some pigs, But up here in Ohio all I have is groundhogs and yoters :cursing:

Josh

The only thing wrong with huntin' them griz is they hibernate. :(

Back