• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. And what I did to the trigger took care of all the problems. If you don’t have a welder you could braze another piece on or find a good welding shop close by, then shape it as needed.

Verified the problem with the trigger (1) by comparing it to the other two triggers (2) & (3). The trigger (1) was cut down substantially smaller than the others (2) & (3). I have some brass, I believe I will make a new trigger and solder the old finger pad onto tbe new trigger. Although, Deer Creek sells a new trigger for $13. Definitely gonna make some shims to remove the slop from side to side.

20240423_165932.jpg

First, thank you for your nice comments. I would estimate that there is probably ~ one hour for layout, nine hours beading in this one and then around an hour in making the inner rawhide case and a couple of hours sewing it all together. So, all together around 14 hours,
U sir have a great ability and a lot of patience. Beautiful work

Shot my new Frontier caplock. Love this rifle. This will be my match rifle at rendezvous this summer. I shoot lots of T7 powder in my percussion rifles but today burned some real BP. Wanted to see how it shot with just 50 grains of 3F Schutzen. .015 patch and .480 ball.

Excellent results, I was able to hit 50 yd to 150 yd steel hanging bottles & plates off hand. I expected 50 grains to be a little anemic at 100+ yds but it worked just fine. Beautiful day, 61F and no wind for a change. :)

PhotoFunia-1713923187.jpg

Stopped by a car dealership where I met a kindred spirit the other day. I was taking a break to get lunch today and brought him his very first powder horn and let him play with my flinter pistol. I think he's hooked, I'm thrilled to have made a friend that's interested in beginning his muzzleloading journey.

Last edited:
I went to Gettysburg, PA this past weekend, something I have always wanted to do. I just can't imagine what occurred on those 3 days in July 1863. In "Pickett's Charge" on July 3rd, an average of 100 men per minute were dying. After the first volley I doubt anyone knew what they were shooting at through all the smoke. Never forget all those that gave their "Last Full Measure of Devotion".

Just got back from the range. Nice relaxing morning, only shot the Colt .36. Set target at 50 yards, maximum for our pistol range.
She was kicking butt. Very pleased. No shots off the man target, many in the red. I love this revolver. Uberti built a really good one. Wish we had ability to shoot further.

Our rifle range been closed since January. Rumor today is they are digging out the dirt berm to extract the lead. Been open since 1974 and someone decided that the tons of lead must be worth something so they redoing the covered shooting area and the whole shebang. Being govt it wont be open for many months. I sure hope they dont start eyeballing the pistol range next.

Made a deal the other day on my first ROA. Had to sit down and order a pile of stuff from TOW. Now I’m fixin ta order some leather to pack it in.
My kids will be ticked off when they find out I spent their inheritance, lol.

anyone have any info on a Tryon Pedersoli .50 Target rifle
A buddy has one, Mike. He shoots his very well; he's had it for a while now. I have the .54. I like it too. We cast our own ball, cut our own patches from pillow ticking, square. If I recall the twist of the 50 is a little faster than the 54, around 1 in 48 I think - nice target loads from 50 to 60 grains of FFG. Go to the Pedersoli website, they will list all the specs there for the Tryon. A very popular target rifle here in Australia.

Cheers, Pete

Tryon54-.jpg

Back