• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eleven days of work since last post of horn. And still lots more to add to it...
Eleven days of work since last post of horn. And still lots more to add to it...
I would say engraving is probably in your background. Adding those design features to a powder horn definitely raises the bar for the scrimshaw folks.
Very inspiring, thank you.

Gotta love springtime in the Rockies. :rolleyes:

20240419_190256_copy_800x600.jpg

I would say engraving is probably in your background. Adding those design features to a powder horn definitely raises the bar for the scrimshaw folks.
Very inspiring, thank you.
I engrave, but I'm only fair at it. Amateur at best. Thank you for the comment.

Well done, I have junk everywhere . Cannot find a thing sometimes , I have too much stuff in my little workshop and if it falls on the floor it stays there . Must have a clear up

But my previous thick paper 577 sabots turned out great now the glue hardened ( 2 layers and silicon base. Bullet .535 mini maybe I’ll soak them in hot wax varnish even , but in keeping perhaps cows grease , more British I guess

I have a pet wild wood pigeon , he did not come down for peanut breakfast this morning , so I find a crime scene

Cold and unpleasant west of London it’s an ipone day But made sour dough bread first thing , hate stupid kitchen mixers so I got a decent one ha ha.

Everybody thinks i am mad , of course I am at 81, ha ha
Love the kitchen/workshop comparison, @ Gordoncourtney! As far as cleanliness goes, you got your priorities right. Mad, I dunno, but I bet some tasty wares come from that kitchen.

Cheers, Pete

Haven't done anything yet but I'm feeling an urge to try making some hide glue. I plan to use pieces of rawhide from the leather wrecking supplies. Is there some sort of ratio to follow? I know, Google is your friend, but Google is no fun compared to youse guys! 😀

Happiness for the Doc today. I found my missing short pan primer in the last place I looked for it. Of course, I managed to overlook it before in the same spot, several times. Now I have to start getting disorganized again.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

Back