• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the missing pliers a little bit ago, and my BP cleaning patches are now all in one spot, but that screwdriver is still AWOL.
Other than that for BP stuff, I read the forums for what is new.

The Doc is 1/2 relieved now. 🫡

I found the missing pliers a little bit ago, and my BP cleaning patches are now all in one spot, but that screwdriver is still AWOL.
Other than that for BP stuff, I read the forums for what is new.

The Doc is 1/2 relieved now. 🫡

Well done, I have junk everywhere . Cannot find a thing sometimes , I have too much stuff in my little workshop and if it falls on the floor it stays there . Must have a clear up

But my previous thick paper 577 sabots turned out great now the glue hardened ( 2 layers and silicon base. Bullet .535 mini maybe I’ll soak them in hot wax varnish even , but in keeping perhaps cows grease , more British I guess

I have a pet wild wood pigeon , he did not come down for peanut breakfast this morning , so I find a crime scene

Cold and unpleasant west of London it’s an ipone day But made sour dough bread first thing , hate stupid kitchen mixers so I got a decent one ha ha.

Everybody thinks i am mad , of course I am at 81, ha ha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • EF5E9B7E-85C8-4C20-83EB-9910FEF3C1CA.jpeg
    EF5E9B7E-85C8-4C20-83EB-9910FEF3C1CA.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 739C5197-6E41-4D0F-B11C-9DB22D5E83F2.jpeg
    739C5197-6E41-4D0F-B11C-9DB22D5E83F2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • F1B3D7FD-312B-4154-81E6-B9745C98ACAF.jpeg
    F1B3D7FD-312B-4154-81E6-B9745C98ACAF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Not too much.
Loaded up a couple of my muzzleloaders was planning on doing some target shooting this morning
Was going to go to the library and print out some of the targets for this month's members shoot,
Stopped at the post office to pick up a package and when I came out I found my vehicle has broke down.
Got back home and it started raining.

Not too much.
Loaded up a couple of my muzzleloaders was planning on doing some target shooting this morning
Was going to go to the library and print out some of the targets for this month's members shoot,
Stopped at the post office to pick up a package and when I came out I found my vehicle has broke down.
Got back home and it started raining.
Well thanks to Liza at the log cabin I installed a new frizzen spring today and it works great .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Well, hallelujah!! Went to Ace hardware and the smallest c clip they have (3/32) is a fit to the TC sight. I bought for so as to allow a few to fly across the room.

View attachment 312740
I have heard that the two gizmo's on each side of the open part are called ears. I have always called them wings because they fly so well!

Got home from work early and my stock from Pecatonica was delivered. I was able to square up the channel, inlet the tang and bend the tang to stock profile. I have a little more pointing up to do on the inlet.

Attachments

• IMG_6306.jpeg
    IMG_6306.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6305.jpeg
    IMG_6305.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6304.jpeg
    IMG_6304.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6303.jpeg
    IMG_6303.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6302.jpeg
    IMG_6302.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
today my cousin's dropped by to get me to weld the draw bar from a wood splitter that broke at the bolt holes. i laid out some long rifle pattern and pictures for them to look at while i welded the part.
the welding was a freebee but i got commissions for two rifles! it pays to help folks out.
after they left i draw filed a side plate. did i ever mention i hate the metal prep. not good at it so i guess that colors my opinion.

Got home from work early and my stock from Pecatonica was delivered. I was able to square up the channel, inlet the tang and bend the tang to stock profile. I have a little more pointing up to do on the inlet.
I have been trying for about a month to get the L&R lock plate of my Pecatonica late Lancaster flintlock to have complete contact at all points of the bolster to flash pan.. I once got the top --front to back-- to not allow a 0.0015" gage to pass, but the powder pan itself would allow that gage to pass between the barrel.

Found the missing screwdriver with the bit that perfectly fits my Kibler lock jaw screw. in the meantime, I find I am missing a small pan primer. However, since I have a larger pan primer and like it more, I will not dwell on this.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

I have been trying for about a month to get the L&R lock plate of my Pecatonica late Lancaster flintlock to have complete contact at all points of the bolster to flash pan.. I once got the top --front to back-- to not allow a 0.0015" gage to pass, but the powder pan itself would allow that gage to pass between the barrel.
Is it flat?

Greasing up some patches to take out to the range with some over the powder wads. First time using OPW. The last time I went hunting with my Cherokee, I hunted most of the day and ended up pulling the ball and dumping a load of damp powder. The only thing I could figure was I greased up the patches and the powder drew moisture from the lube. I never had any trouble when loading and shooting at the range. See how she shoots with the OPW.

Last edited:
Is it flat?
I once had a L&R lock bolster that was not perfect flat from the factory. A piece of 150 grit paper on a flat wooden block did the trick. Just put the bolster face down on the paper on the block and rub back and forth. Doesn't take too long either as the bolster metal is fairly soft.

Latest posts

Back