• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the lock bedding , got it working properly , forged trigger , fit trigger to stock , drilled , tapped lock bolts , roughed in sideplate plate ( cleaned it up and cut to size , etc.p ) and attached , measured and cut L.O.P. .... layed out buttplate on brass

Attachments

• VID_20240312_155225.mp4
    13.3 MB
  • IMG_20240312_154211.jpg
    IMG_20240312_154211.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
That's my wife's birthday. We'll be thinking of you.

@deerstalkert if a 22-250 works wouldn't a 223? When I saw the post I determined to try it.
.223 may be too small, but a 243 or even a 308 should work. I would have to climb the stairs to measure them. might make it by tomorrow or the next day.
i have some extra 50 bmg cases that would really make a flask.
Yankee Enginuity .

I like it! but it will be a cold day in hades before i sacrifice one of my 22-250 brass. cost of the last 50 i bought almost equaled the cost of the rifle! not, but i was shocked. just got some 32-40 brass at 1.75 each.
this is why i love muzzleloading.
I have about 600 22-250 picked them up from a feller who stopped reloading and sold all his stuff at a steep discount. It hurt a bit more to sacrifice the 45-70

Last edited:
.223 may be too small, but a 243 or even a 308 should work. I would have to climb the stairs to measure them. might make it by tomorrow or the next day.
Yankee Enginuity .
223 is to small for 45-70, 30-06 to large .308 would work but the neck is to large for the nipple. 22-250 fit real nice.

Yankee Enginuity .
I just finished a 50bmg case conversion into a priming flask

Attachments

• DSC04254.JPG
    DSC04254.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
Stained this plain pine box that my girlfriend gave me. First I sanded it and then burnt with a torch. I'm going to take some polyurethane and put maybe two pieces of reproduction Confederate money on it and use it for a presentation case for my 1863.

Anyone have any ideas for any sort of foam or such to put in the bottom?
Uncovered foam would protect but look to modern, so perhaps use spray adhesive to cover it with cloth of your liking.

Pretty much done except for maybe some more polyurethane.

I ended up putting the Confederate hundred on top and I put a genuine $2 bill inside with those rascally rebels rebelling against the king. Just look at them all signing that declaration of Independence ! In my opinion is the most beautiful of our denominations.

IMG_20240312_145344483.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240310_174318230.jpg
    IMG_20240310_174318230.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 0
I've mentioned this shooting bag in past posts but have held back on pictures a bit. Anyway, it's done except for punching the buckle holes and probably another application of neatsfoot oil.

The buckle is a donation from @Ohio Rusty. I'm not thrilled with my cleanup on the buckle. Maybe should have lost the gray 🤔 Wonder how it will age.

It's for presentation to the state association Muzzle Loader of the year this Saturday. That's why I held back on pictures. I had mentioned that I'd post pictures when the timing was OK.

20240313_160151_copy_600x800.jpg
20240313_160148_copy_600x800.jpg
20240313_160203_copy_600x800.jpg

Well, I ordered me up some Renaissance wax, am down to the nose cap and sights on the barrel (waiting on my taller rear one) and am doing my final test run for the stock finish for my Colonial. Going to have to start looking at my molding lines and inset in the comb soon as I'm getting to the finishing stage. :)

broke in a new squirrel gun Traditions Crockett .32 cal
trying to find a good load down the road Goex 30 gr FFFG .310 Hornady ball gun Works #3010 patch

Latest posts

Back