• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, after 54 years of wedded bliss, i learned today that i am a heartless, thoughtless, lower than dirt, worthless worm!
I won't post what i was called when i quipped, "if i am heartless, what is all the fuss about?"
i did learn that it is a scientific fact that men are sub human.
i really have to plead guilty as charged. this woman has physically saved my life 3 times in the last 54 years. She says she is so mad because she can't save from this. jeepers, it was just a little one!
came home and the garage was the safety zone so i worked some more on the cherry build.
gonna be a long night. dang Dr's big mouth.
Just my opinion my friend don’t bite the hand that feeds you and don’t forget who’s the Boss ,remember happy wife happy life .know you take care of her so she can take care of you .good luck cause it sounds like you need it .

At the Lake Cumberland Longrifle show today. It's great to see all the guns, knives, and such but I believe this is one of most awesome displays here. All killed, brain tanned, and made by this one guy with no patterns to work from. I guess it's a good thing none of it is for sale.....I'd go broker.

1707524677453.png

I got a drum of oil in at work and it came on this nice, red oak pallet. I don't have a tabletop planer but do have a table saw and 5" DA sander so I cut up the pallet and made me a simple range box for taking to target competitions. Still need to sand and finish the fold down front and glue some leather in the rifle rest notch.

20240209_221315.jpg

20240209_221213.jpg

I got a drum of oil in at work and it came on this nice, red oak pallet. I don't have a tabletop planer but do have a table saw and 5" DA sander so I cut up the pallet and made me a simple range box for taking to target competitions. Still need to sand and finish the fold down front and glue some leather in the rifle rest notch.

View attachment 293254

View attachment 293255
Ian your a man of many talents I like your range box nice job .

Would you please post a pic of it after it comes out of the jelly, like to see how it comes out!
It came out with this gray patina. Think I'm going to leave it like this.

20240210_090038_copy_800x626.jpg

Also received this blade yesterday. The plan was for a boot knife but it may be a bit long for that. It's a back burner project so time to think 🤔. Ordered a bolster with it but it was not in the shipment. It's a trusted seller so I'm sure they will take care of it.

20240210_090130_copy_800x122.jpg

It came out with this gray patina. Think I'm going to leave it like this.

View attachment 293326

Also received this blade yesterday. The plan was for a boot knife but it may be a bit long for that. It's a back burner project so time to think 🤔. Ordered a bolster with it but it was not in the shipment. It's a trusted seller so I'm sure they will take care of it.

View attachment 293328
It looks like it might need a little more work, don't ya think?

got back from the DR. other than test showing i had a heart attack last friday i am fit to recycle.
wife not happy with me. didn't tell her. seems that was a mistake?
anyway i finished inletting the stars on the cherry build. 3 fit like they grew there and one needed some fixing. little glue and dust and it looks good. 75 percent doesn't please me but guess thats my new nickname.
u hang in there. be safe

Latest posts

Back