• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_4811.jpeg
    IMG_4811.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Gonna snow or rain or something tomorrow (says the weather bureau ;)) I have a bunch of caps punched out that I need to fill. Kinda tedious but gotta be done.
I try to do the maintenance work when there’s no chance of shooting, it kinda makes me feel like I’m shooting, but in a productive way. Then when the clouds align, and I have time, nothing serious to deal with and my first thought is do some shooting, and then I grab me stuff and it’s ready to go. I’m a business owner, construction. My wife is a business owner, CPA and we have an 18 year old son. We are busy! Sometimes all I can do is think about doing something fun and it suffices.

Finished sawing the 1/2” 516-70 plate yesterday and here is where I picked up today after gluing a drawing of my design on the steel. Today has been spent filing. Nearly done with that little square hole which will be 8mm when finished.
Next step is making a hammer screw. I no longer have a lathe but will have to make one by hand. One easy solution would be to modify a #10-24 carbon steel thumbscrew. I could load the threads into a drill and “machine it” to the proper size with a file. Anyone else with ideas for a quick and dirty solution? I don’t want to cut down some bad stock and thread it.
my local ace hardware has hex head metric screws take one or a round head and and solder a washer on if done right you won't even see the seam unless you know it's there

I like the carving you have on the gunstock.
Thank you sir! I can’t take credit for it as it was on there when my uncle bought it from a fella and then my uncle gifted it to me! Let me get a pic of the other side it has more carvings….

I haven't been to a rendezvous in years. I saw on the forum that there is going to be one close to me the end of May.
I told my wife that I was thinking about going and she ask me what I was going to wear. I told her my buckskin pants. She just laughed.
So to prove it to her, I went and pulled them out of storage. I now think I know how Dolly Parton feels when she gets dressed. I could hardly get them pulled on and no way were they going to button.
I think I gained a few inches over the last 30 years.
I guess it is time to make a new pair of pants.
I’m too have experienced such. Seems leather shrinks when not used often.

I haven't been to a rendezvous in years. I saw on the forum that there is going to be one close to me the end of May.
I told my wife that I was thinking about going and she ask me what I was going to wear. I told her my buckskin pants. She just laughed.
So to prove it to her, I went and pulled them out of storage. I now think I know how Dolly Parton feels when she gets dressed. I could hardly get them pulled on and no way were they going to button.
I think I gained a few inches over the last 30 years.
I guess it is time to make a new pair of pants.

I’m too have experienced such. Seems leather shrinks when not used often.
I have a pair of buckskin britches that have that same issue. I made a little error when I made them in the 80’s and made the back gusset “decorative” instead of “functional”.

Gonna need to insert some more gussets!

32” waist no mo’!

Latest posts

Back