• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I passed my doctrinal defense...so so smoothbore time it is! Not tonight, tonight we celebrate. Not tomorrow, I teach youth at church...Thursday, yep Thursday me and the grandson on the range with a .62 and a .32!
Congratulations Doctor Daryl 👍
What is your doctorate in?

Not doctoral, doctrinal. I have graduate degree in ministry and church planting and I passed the final verbal defense of doctrine for ordination. From a US Army stacker of bodies to saving souls! What a leap!
Congratulations Doctor Daryl 👍
What is your doctorate in?

Last edited:
Not doctoral, doctrinal. I have graduate degree in ministry and church planting and I passed the final verbal defense of doctrine for ordination. From a US Army stacker of bodies to saving souls! What a leap!
That's a great leap, Daryl. Always a place for a good minister. Dale
P.S. being a 'stacker of bodies' might serve you well in ministry. :thumb:

Congratulations, Daryl! Well done to you!

We have a men's church group who have a day out at our range every year. They alternate between other sports venues and such throughout the year in fellowship. We had close to 100 participants this year, all on a round robin, trying pistol, rimfire and shotgun - used up a lot of range volunteers, but it was a hoot to see smiles on faces aged from 14 to near 90. One of the young chaps, when shooting a muzzleloader, grinned widely and said to his buddies, "Don't get to liking this too much, lads; I think this is a little close to fire and brimstone!"

Cheers, Pete

Last edited:
Never quit when you think you have an idea, though!
I toyed with different ideas and it struck me to go back to an old approach and use a series of panels to incorporate various designs on this horn, which I think will work. I want it to be more varied than just a nice hunting scene, which can be kinda hum-drum.
I love it!! Way to stick with it!!

First time doing one of these. Jim makes it easy.

20231219_223049.jpg

A little more butt plate sanding and I can move up to finishing the trigger, trigger plate, and trigger guard.

We do not discuss God or Religion, I would hate to see this thread disappear, like the Jokes threads have. Can we use a little discretion please.
Not a discussion about God or religion, bpd303. Simply my observation of a group of people who attended some sporting shooting and enjoyed it.

Kind regards, Pete

Back