• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the "Franken 50" today. Investarms stock and TC 50 barrel. No bluing but if grandson wants a finish on it we can do it.

20231217_152355_copy_800x179.jpg
20231217_152411_copy_800x170.jpg

Spent the last many days studying for my final doctrinal exam for ordination.
What does that have to do with muzzleloaders? Nothing...but it means that when I pass on Tuesday I get to spend some time with my fusil before late season starts here!
You might need to get yourself a graduation gift. Congratulations by the way…

i rasped , filed, scraped, the cherry stock butt flush with the butt plate. thi cherry stock is the hardest wood i have ever made a stock from. most places. in a couple spots it is soft so i need to be cautious.
started making a mainspring to replace the one i blew up on the Haddaway,
cut stock out of a 10 inch saw blade. got it roughed out. tomorrow will finish shaping then polish and heat treat. or not. may stay in bed instead.

I refinished my Traditions .50 Deerhunter to gift my oldest granddaughter for Christmas. The rifle is a good shooter but it was rough, most of the bluing gone, and an ugly shiny finish. I stripped and reblued the barrel and parts. Sanded down the stock and restrained with Dixie’s antique stain. Then rubbed it down with a couple of coats of a BLO/gum turpentine mix. Also did a good thumb polish on the muzzle and polished the bore before I started.
It looks like a piece of fine furniture. The different levels of this hobby are amazing.

Tried to polish the bore on my New Englander. Got tired of that and scraped some on the Cherry stock.
Then started cleaning the iron trigger guard.
Got double tired of that and sat down with my laptop to have a relaxing evening telling tales with you guys.
Laptop self destructed, taking all my pictures, the draft of a book I tried writing, and worst of all, all my stored pass words to everything in the world. Think I will go shoot something. Did I ever tell you guys the only thing I hate worse than fitting a butt plate, is technology?
Lucky I have this iPad to use getting my muzzloader fix today.😜

Tried to polish the bore on my New Englander. Got tired of that and scraped some on the Cherry stock.
Then started cleaning the iron trigger guard.
Got double tired of that and sat down with my laptop to have a relaxing evening telling tales with you guys.
Laptop self destructed, taking all my pictures, the draft of a book I tried writing, and worst of all, all my stored pass words to everything in the world. Think I will go shoot something. Did I ever tell you guys the only thing I hate worse than fitting a butt plate, is technology?
Lucky I have this iPad to use getting my muzzloader fix today.😜
Take your device to a good technician, deerstalkert. They'll recover the data that stored on the hard drive and transfer it for uploading.

All that appears lost, will still be there. Still, go and shoot something by all means; it'll make you feel better!

Cheers, Pete

Take your device to a good technician, deerstalkert. They'll recover the data that stored on the hard drive and transfer it for uploading.

All that appears lost, will still be there. Still, go and shoot something by all means; it'll make you feel better!

Cheers, Pete
thanks for the advice. i will see if i can find someone. just spent all evening trying to see if i could get one of the many old obsolete laptops up and running. this one i am using is a macbook air with a dead battery. works as long as its plugged in. of course it unplugs itself at the worst times.
keeps me sharp working on these dang things. rather work on my rifle builds.

Back