• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I were relaxing watching the TV the other night and she noticed I had been watching a bunch of YouTube videos on making a Kibler long rifle. She ended up watching a few then stated "you could do that" and after discussing the cost and how nice they looked, said "why don't you order one"! No argument from me! So I made a call and Friday morning I ordered a Colonial , 58 cal smooth bore with a very nice stock that had a few blemishes that I can work out. And it looks like it will be here before Christmas! I don't think she will let me open it until Christmas morning! Merry Christmas

50F in Kentucky today...I couldn't pass up another chance for video & shooting fun.
Working on a "Squirrel Barking" video fun project..!!

View attachment 275206
i always look forward to your videos and writings.keep up the good work friend.you sure enjoy what you do.its very nice to see.wishing u the best

I woke up, looked at my beautiful pistols, and cried because its too cold to go to the range and I am jonsen to bust some caps.
IMG_2248.jpeg

After a scorching summers day yesterday a bit cooler today so into the garage and clean out and prep the range boxes for next year. Give everything in the safe a once over for storage.

My wife and I were relaxing watching the TV the other night and she noticed I had been watching a bunch of YouTube videos on making a Kibler long rifle. She ended up watching a few then stated "you could do that" and after discussing the cost and how nice they looked, said "why don't you order one"! No argument from me! So I made a call and Friday morning I ordered a Colonial , 58 cal smooth bore with a very nice stock that had a few blemishes that I can work out. And it looks like it will be here before Christmas! I don't think she will let me open it until Christmas morning! Merry Christmas
Wow. What a gem you have there. Good luck with the project.

Took a few minutes to take the old shooting bag down, empty it, discarded some old obsolete stuff in it, replaced a thong, and reattached a pan brush and vent pick to it. Then I mink oiled the bag with a can of mink oil I recently was given. That bag dates back to the late 70s.

Hit the key once too often at an online auction. So, I will soon be the proud owner of an over and under .45 Cal. Percussion rifle. Shoot once twist the barrel and take a second shot, .... if missing both times reload and try again. Winning price wasn't that bad but the auction % charged and shipping will push it up past what I would have normally paid. (Happy that the wife needed to know what I wanted for Christmas).

We have an old saying. "If you ain't got pictures, it never happened".:ghostly:
It's nothing special, just an old shooting bag. It was made by my good friend, Speedy Hogarth, from Edgewater, MD. I like everything I need to shoot on the strap and handy. I don't want to fumble in the bag for something when speed is of the essence.
20231209_192722.jpg

Bought a H&A underhammer for my wife, the short one [20" barrel]. Easy transaction with a forum member. My wife is small, old and not very strong. This gun should be her favorite [she has several]. Watched some football and cooked a pork loin roast with veggies. It is delicious and Betty said so :thumb::horseback:

Here’s my Wife’s, it’s a sweet, shooting sexy little .36.

85D02913-43CF-44F4-A443-E4A423933020.jpeg

Accoutrements include; mold, 110 camera case shooting pouch, including some “speed - loaders made with powder wrapped in PC/HC aluminum foil.

A nice Prince Albert can flask with attached pouring spout and attached cotton boot string strap..

All assembled nicely in a well built plush, velour lined wooden case made of the finest pine & plywood of the period…😁

I took a friends grand daughter out for deer this morning. 30 degrees and wind blowing 30-40mph. This gal is in early 20s and has taken several deer and elk with modern weapons. This was her first exposure to MLoading. We could see the head of a bedded spike buck through the brush at about 90yds. Wind was good, so we proceeded to butt-scoot into position only to find more brush in the way...had to move another 5yds or so at which point some unseen does spotted us and started walking toward us to investigate. I said to take the doe as it looked bigger than the little spike (now under 40yds). She asked why we were not shooting the buck. I said the doe is a better shot (now at 35yds and closing) I saw the muzzle shift to line up on the doe. She shot at it walking broadside at about 30yds and hit it across the top of the heart with a .54 cal. RB. It darted about 10yds and piled up. At the shot, about 8 deer jumped up including 2 nice 4 and 5 point (western count) bucks. She had seen one of them bedded and thought I could see it as well. I had not seen it or we would have tried for it! Anyway, one happy gal and one happy gun bearer.....I think she is hooked!

Went to a shoot. It was shooting at steel at different ranges. I did pretty well with my smooth rifle but lost to the rifle shooters. Next month I'll try to remember the camera and take a few photos. It's a nice area in the mountains of Southern Arizona. There were 13 or 14 shooters and the top three walked away with the beans. A small can for third, medium for second, and a big one for first.

Back