• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cast .490 &.495 round ball this morning, probably 150 each. Pulled out an old ladle, short handle, 9” overall and realized how much easier it was to use than my new fangled long handle one, 12” overall. Was going to give the shorty away, but changed my mind. Roll tumbled them with lead from a carpenters pencil for 60 minutes and have to say they looked swedged. An enjoyable morning, nice weather and ole time music for background.

I finished the Hawkin Rifle I am building for Christmas Present for my Son-in-Law. I don't much like him, but my daughter loves him, so I guess we're stuck with him. .54 cal., 28" 1:48 twist barrel, L&R Late English Flint Lock. M-3 curly Sugar Maple stained with an oil based Spanish Oak stain. Then finished off with 3 coats of Tung Oil. Semper Fi.

DSCN1279.JPG

DSCN1280.JPG

DSCN1281.JPG

I finished the Hawkin Rifle I am building for Christmas Present for my Son-in-Law. I don't much like him, but my daughter loves him, so I guess we're stuck with him. .54 cal., 28" 1:48 twist barrel, L&R Late English Flint Lock. M-3 curly Sugar Maple stained with an oil based Spanish Oak stain. Then finished off with 3 coats of Tung Oil. Semper Fi.

View attachment 264186
View attachment 264187
View attachment 264188

If she ever gets tired of him let me know. LOL I would love that Hawken.

I cast .490 &.495 round ball this morning, probably 150 each. Pulled out an old ladle, short handle, 9” overall and realized how much easier it was to use than my new fangled long handle one, 12” overall. Was going to give the shorty away, but changed my mind. Roll tumbled them with lead from a carpenters pencil for 60 minutes and have to say they looked swedged. An enjoyable morning, nice weather and ole time music for background.
Hey Quin, did you use a Thumbler’s tumbler? I have one and never thought about tumbling just-cast balls. Does it leave them all pretty smooth?

Was going to shoot, but this morning is 0F and very windy so will wait a bit. I guess something I did muzzleloading related was change my Forum name as some may have noticed. I don't ranch rope anymore, horses are long in the tooth (just them not me...haha). So new handle for the forum. :)
I didn't do anything muzzleloading related, but after reading this post, and since I don't paint anymore, I think I'll change my screen name to Simi ohpo’kii nááto’k kinakín .

View attachment 264186
View attachment 264187
View attachment 264188
Dang, times sure have changed! I can remember when even a mild dislike didn't warrant much in the way of words nonetheless a beautiful rifle! 🤣 :rolleyes:

View attachment 264186
View attachment 264187
View attachment 264188
Very nice. Makes me wonder what you would do for someone you do like.

Hey Quin, did you use a Thumbler’s tumbler? I have one and never thought about tumbling just-cast balls. Does it leave them all pretty smooth?
Harbor Freight, double canister, with a small piece of pencil graphite with the balls. Hope they shoot as good as they look.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpeg
    IMG_0010.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back