• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had been at the club practice with the Le Page
25m off hand
Scheibele-Page-Bild4.jpg

Installed on of Track’s taller rear sights on my .54 Woodsrunner. This was part # RS-SK-14. Of course it has to be cleaned up and shortened about an 1/8”, but I’m pleased with the look and the sight picture at the shoulder. I cut the V a little deeper already and I expect to cut it more for sighting it in. I also ordered # RS-FG-16T, it could be made to work but it’s better suited for a wider flat. I’m going to get the .54 dialed in first, then work with the new .45 SMR that has my homemade taller rear sight on it.

Attachments

• IMG_2719.jpeg
    IMG_2719.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2720.jpeg
    IMG_2720.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2722.jpeg
    IMG_2722.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2723.jpeg
    IMG_2723.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Steel CVA Mountain Pistol trigger guard browned and inletted.

One pipe inletted and pinned.

Barrel has 24 hours of rust on it. Carded it with blue jean material. Rubbed salt water on it and hung it back up to keep rusting.

Attachments

• IMG_3621 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3621 - Copy.JPG
    814.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3623 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3623 - Copy.JPG
    846.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3626.JPG
    IMG_3626.JPG
    559 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3627.JPG
    IMG_3627.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3618.JPG
    IMG_3618.JPG
    744.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3628.JPG
    IMG_3628.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 0
Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken, 54 cal, sorted! Since making a nice rear peep, I filed the front sight down a bee's willy to bring the fall of shot up to where I like it when aimed at the rear junction of the front leg and body. At 50 metres I shot a slow timed 20 shot group using various positions, benched, standing rested post, sitting rested post, nothing off-hand - all positions that I would likely use in the field. This rifle has always shot well, and with its new sights confirms capability; with a load of 60gns FFG Wano, an over-powder wad and a .018 spit-patched 530 ball it will continue to bring home the venison.

Cheers, Pete

54.jpg
Goat1.jpg
Goat2.JPG

Last edited:
Couldn't do a blessed thing , muzzleloading , again. Two Dr. appointments this week , again. Wife's last go round at the hospital ER centered around food poisoning from eating a fair food sub. sandwich. Thank God we don't like the same kind of food , or I might have been deficating straight blood , like she was when I rushed her to the hospital 3AM. Pa. has a special doe /bear season in two weeks. Guess I'll go to camp with my dependable .50 long rifle. Always sight it in , or rather ME in before hunting , but I'm goin' , sighted in , or not..

Couldn't do a blessed thing , muzzleloading , again. Two Dr. appointments this week , again. Wife's last go round at the hospital ER centered around food poisoning from eating a fair food sub. sandwich. Thank God we don't like the same kind of food , or I might have been deficating straight blood , like she was when I rushed her to the hospital 3AM. Pa. has a special doe /bear season in two weeks. Guess I'll go to camp with my dependable .50 long rifle. Always sight it in , or rather ME in before hunting , but I'm goin' , sighted in , or not..
Take care to you both and good luck hunting!

Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken, 54 cal, sorted! Since making a nice rear peep, I filed the front sight down a bee's willy to bring the fall of shot up to where I like it when aimed at the rear junction of the front leg and body. At 50 metres I shot a slow timed 20 shot group using various positions, benched, standing rested post, sitting rested post, nothing off-hand - all positions that I would likely use in the field. This rifle has always shot well, and with its new sights confirms capability; with a load of 60gns FFG Wano, an over-powder wad and a .018 spit-patched 530 ball it will continue to bring home the venison.

Cheers, Pete

View attachment 258406View attachment 258407View attachment 258409
thats what i call some good shooting

Cold front pushing through the evening, 70’s tomorrow and 40’s at night for a while. Getting stuff organized to do some shooting tomorrow. But I did do one quick project. Back last winter I traded some sections of River Cane to a guy on the ALR forum for some Salmon leather and it’s just been sitting and waiting. So I thought I’d make a small patch pouch just to see how the leather works. When I first received the leather it still had a slight fishy smell, but now it doesn’t. It works like any other thin leather and is very strong. And makes for an interesting pattern.

Attachments

• IMG_2724.jpeg
    IMG_2724.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2725.jpeg
    IMG_2725.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2726.jpeg
    IMG_2726.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2728.jpeg
    IMG_2728.jpeg