• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0785.jpeg

Shot the Pedersoli Fontier .45 cal to figure out its preferred load and where it's hitting for sight picture. The answers were: 60 grains and three inches low at 50 yds and six inches low at 100 yds. Some front sight filing will be done and trials repeated.

Finally got my new fall/spring weight Capote Canadien. My better half and I popped over to an island we like in the canoe and did a little stump shooting. Awesome coat just in time for rabbit season Sept 15th.
View attachment 247176View attachment 247177View attachment 247178View attachment 247179View attachment 247180View attachment 247181View attachment 247182View attachment 247183View attachment 247184View attachment 247185
Very cool pictures. Your outfit looks great.
I had just read where hunting frocks, when worn with a sash, that the sashes were also tied in the back.

Very cool pictures. Your outfit looks great.
I had just read where hunting frocks, when worn with a sash, that the sashes were also tied in the back.
Appreciate your kind words.
Ya I think Dodderidge mentions tying sashes behind. It certainly was the style in New France.
Mark Baker believes even leather belts were buckled at the rear.

Spent an hour kicking myself this morning. For buying a 220 dollar rifle and not a 1,300 dollar rifle.

My Jukar Junker in .45 caliber is just plain awful. Awful I tell you.

All this made in Spain barrel does is cut clover leaves at 25 yards. Sooooo disgusted. Damn 80s technology.

50 grains of that crappy T7 substitute powder and Taylor Pork Roll casing for patches. Rubbed in a mixture of bee's wax/coconut oil/olive oil.

I hope my day gets better. Cuzz this pic of poor performance makes me wanna barf.

PS: Ignore the 50 yd on the target. I was so shaken up by the shotgun pattern that I forgot where I was on the range.

Attachments

• Jukar .45 Rifle.jpg
    Jukar .45 Rifle.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    672.9 KB · Views: 0
That is sighted in.

Kentucky windage will take care of the rest.

Shaving the front sight would only make her shoot higher.

Guess I could give the rear sight a little tappy tap to the left.

I git up and looked at my new purchase picked up yesterday in Far Far NE Phoenix area. GREAT deal. NIB .36 from CIMMARON Uberti for $325.00. 5 shot 62. Came with 7 (SEVEN) new boxes of balls and two sets of slix shot nipples, new wrench and some spare parts. VERY nice mamber is slimming down as he is blessed to care for his ailing wife. Pray for them.

Used the $$ I was saving for the investarms .36 hawkin flintlock. But thats just an OK deal, this was a one of a kind thing. Cant wait to get my Sherrif back from Mike (getting goonerized) and see if the nipples will fit it (it's also a Uberti).

That is sighted in.

Kentucky windage will take care of the rest.

Shaving the front sight would only make her shoot higher.
aim at the right side ear for them tree rats and hit him right between the eyes! VERY nice. Funny how the cheap no good POS rifles can outshoot the $3K customes quite regularly! Where you score this one?

Back