• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot my flintlock for only the 3rd time since getting it. Tried 50 and 60 grains of 2F, shot well off the bench.
Then I tried offhand, I see where the term "flinchlock" comes from.
I have some work to do to be able to shoot well offhand with it.

Attachments

• IMG_9759 (3).jpg
    IMG_9759 (3).jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 0
Abar, I’m not sure what powder load too suggest for those jewels…
But here’s a quick video of a Friend of mine shooting his 4 bore Blunderbuss with 175 grns of fffg and somewhere around 3 ozs of mixed lead shot…👀😎
I turned an extra back pin for my mould so now I can make two different sizes of minés with the same mould View attachment 228722View attachment 228723

Ouch!!!!🤣

Abar, I’m not sure what powder load too suggest for those jewels…
But here’s a quick video of a Friend of mine shooting his 4 bore Blunderbuss with 175 grns of fffg and somewhere around 3 ozs of mixed lead shot…👀😎

View attachment 228776
Ouch!!!!🤣
That looked like that hurt a little... Just. A. Little.

Got to work with visitors at the George Spangler Farm at Gettysburg, PA. It was the 11th Corps Union Hospital so we had medical instruments on display. We were able to explain the impact of canister and Musket fire on the body and possible courses of treatment. They had a new gun set here because the farm was also the location of the Army of the Potomac's Artillery Reserve.

Attachments

• 20230616_200111.jpg
    20230616_200111.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230616_185217.jpg
    20230616_185217.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Got to work with visitors at the George Spangler Farm at Gettysburg, PA. It was the 11th Corps Union Hospital so we had medical instruments on display. We were able to explain the impact of canister and Musket fire on the body and possible courses of treatment. They had a new gun set here because the farm was also the location of the Army of the Potomac's Artillery Reserve.
I think history is awsome and especially when you get see all that cool old stuff they used to have and use.👍

Besides what I posted a couple pages back now, I made a gouge very similar to the one TDM made on page 395. I made mine adjustable. Don't really know why I did that since this gun I am working on will probably be the last one I ever make (I think I said that about the Kibler SMR I did a couple years back now). After I get the line carved, I will probably sell the whatever you would call it (adjustable line cutter?).

The Doc is out now. :cool:

Besides what I posted a couple pages back now, I made a gouge very similar to the one TDM made on page 395. I made mine adjustable. Don't really know why I did that since this gun I am working on will probably be the last one I ever make (I think I said that about the Kibler SMR I did a couple years back now). After I get the line carved, I will probably sell the whatever you would call it (adjustable line cutter?).

The Doc is out now. :cool:
Doc, we need to see photos of all this.

Well I was just sitting here and a big fat squirrel 35 yards away on the lawn was sitting there upright showing his white belly

My un mentionable pcp 22 just went off , it ran 10 ft and expired. Still working on my 8bore , getting there.

Just fried sardines on patio , delicious

Love from nr London , it’s very hot here. Ha h
fried sardines now thats a new one on me

Shot my flintlock for only the 3rd time since getting it. Tried 50 and 60 grains of 2F, shot well off the bench.
Then I tried offhand, I see where the term "flinchlock" comes from.
I have some work to do to be able to shoot well offhand with it.
Jay, have you tried shooting it standing while getting a rest off of a tree or post? Try as I have, I find that I am most accurate with my Crockett Squirrel rifle when shooting from such a position.

TDM, here you go.

gouge line marker 2023-06-17 001.JPG
gouge line marker 2023-06-17 002.JPG
gouge line marker 2023-06-17 003.JPG

I turned the screw on a belt sander (good buy from Harbor Freight a few years back, also sharpened a Chef's Knife with it while I was using it) and the wood was just from some scrap wood a friend gave me a couple years ago. Yes, that is a crack in the wood from missing the hole while screwing in the first screw. I intend to take it apart, clamp and glue that back into place. :doh:

The Doc is out now. 😎

Back