• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to making a frizzen stall for my Pedersoli Frontier.
Frizzen.JPG

Needed better spark on the Flint Renagade- First project was to Heat and quench…Re Hardened Frizzon, Got Cock adjusted to hit higher also. Sparks very well! Shop close by helped…
Little bit of Leather oil , Stock and metal got treated also.

Attachments

• 261EAE3D-EEF0-485A-928B-A010F162E31C.jpeg
    261EAE3D-EEF0-485A-928B-A010F162E31C.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1A48902D-6881-429E-B4FD-45BCED021366.jpeg
    1A48902D-6881-429E-B4FD-45BCED021366.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
How does one reharden a frizzen? Heat?
carefully.
when i am done with current projects that is my next.
today i forged a entry thimble of the whatsit i am building. the furniture is all iron so i just figured for s&g's i would hand forge the thimbles. got the entry roughed, tomorrow will forge the middle and lead. being the stock is half stock it will get a under rib soldered to the barrel and the thimbles tabbed through the rib and pinned. just flying on one wing with this one.

Last edited:
addendum: got the Mortimer cleaned. cleaned so quick with the steam i decided to shoot my TC Hawken flinter too. this one has a Green Mountain barrel. man can that one shoot!
10 shots at 50 yards from the bench. (couldn't stand up and off hand that many) think i'll keep this one.View attachment 120806

Looks like you hit it with a howitzer. :thumb:

Took my BP's to the range. Fired my flintlock harper's ferry and couldn't hit the target at 45 feet. I couldn't see dirt splash high or low, right or left. Then the Pennsylvania flintlock hit the target at 45 feet (40gr 2F, ,530 RB with .010 patch) 6 times with one cleaning patch in-between 3 and 4. My wife was hitting the target at the same distance with her snub nose .44 with 20gr 3F, .451 RB. That's another reason to say "Yes, Dear". We shoot for fun and the smell of BP.

Latest posts

Back