• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the new CVA 12 gauge and the Pedersoli 10 gauge out for some shooting. Found a great Turkey pattern on the 12 pretty quickly. It was having some firing issues though so I put it aside to work on the 10 some more.

Last edited:
finished,(90%) the whatzit build. now you guys can tell me what it is. it is the bottom gun
both are .32 cal Just waiting for ups tomorrow bringing the RR pipes
20220220_171539.jpg

Went shooting the other day in 25-30 mph winds here in KY.
Shooting bowling pins in a round robin style shoot for a future video project.
Missed them most of them this afternoon & lost a audio mike that was attached to my coat.
One needs that mike in order to be heard in high winds video recording.
I spent 25 minutes or so looking & finally found that little rascal.
Finished shooting the video just before dark...LOL

View attachment 123341
View attachment 123339
I like your hat. Me in Oz

Attachments

• E6F03C6E-59F9-4AF6-B08C-30547EDB5973.jpeg
    E6F03C6E-59F9-4AF6-B08C-30547EDB5973.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 16
My son and I participated in a friendly muzzleloading match between two local clubs. (and perhaps an outsider or two). Heavy mist/light rain bumped the challenge up a bit for everyone, especially the flinters.

Actually made it into my shed to do some casting for the first time since I went crock in August. TOW sent me a Lee 375-130-6C mould a while back. Being a 6 cavity meant that I spent more time waiting for the lead to melt than I did casting 100 bullets. Test run tomorrow.

shot my whatzit .32 today.
I assumed it was .32 but a .310 ball needs hammered in and without a patch going to pull the breach plug and slug the bore. a 5/16th rod wont go into the bore.
maybe a .31? or a plain old .30? time will tell. whatever it is ,with the bare balls with an over powder felt wad it shoots 1.5 inch at 25 yards.
soldered thimbles onto the underlug so it is done except for browning.
made a short starter for it today too.
UPS dropped my package of goodies for the Tennessee classic today so i have that to do now.
inlet the lock and side plate
drilled for the lock bolt, got the cross bolt hole in one shot.
made a RR for the .32 also.

Draw filing a Investarms 54 cal barrel ,nice bore and ugly looking from the outside .When done someone will have a nice front stuffer ! The dilemma now is after the barrel is done do I leave the brass or do I darken it with Historic brass tarnishing solution as it gives a rich antique look ,I liked it on my Kibler 45 SMR . I got time as the stock needs attention too
Finished cleaning/assembling up last nite and ready to hit the range if it warms up just a little today to see if it shoots . The wood looks nice with a true oil finish and a (little sanding) but targets tell the story even with my eyes ! /Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0296[1].JPG
    IMG_0296[1].JPG
    88 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0295[1].JPG
    IMG_0295[1].JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0297[1].JPG
    IMG_0297[1].JPG
    88 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0298[1].JPG
    IMG_0298[1].JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 25
Went up on the mountain to do some shooting. Took my Traditions Kentucky and my Thompson Center Hawken. Ended up shooting only the Thompson Center. I started to sell this gun a while back. Now I’m glad I didn’t. Also took my new edc knife.
E34C5999-D6F4-4CF1-8928-61B358C9CDAB.jpeg

Attachments

• 10CCF4CC-0453-4506-858D-C72C24D02CA7.jpeg
    10CCF4CC-0453-4506-858D-C72C24D02CA7.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 28
I did not do nothing because my arm is too sore. Shot my Seneca 45 yesterday and feel like my arm has been amputated. Using 45-50 gr FFF Goex and arm is purple and sore. My Hawken and PA Hunter don't do me like that. Wondering if the small stock buttplate is that different?

swabbed my whatzit barrel with another application of browning solution.
cut dovetails in the barrel of my Tennessee classic build.
installed the dovetail barrel pin tabs. started sanding and polishing the iron fittings.
cut the mortices for the pin tenon's in the stock.
sat and scratched my head trying to figure out what the caliber of the whatzit barrel is supposed to be. land to land it's .299
groove to groove it's .305 had to drive a bare .310 ball into it to shoot it yesterday. 30gfffg it shot pretty good but was not consistent.
tried it with a over powder felt wad and it shot 1.5 inch group of 5 shots. just too weird not patching!
as soon as the browning is done i am going to pull the breech plug and slug the barrel for a definitive read on the bore.

I did not do nothing because my arm is too sore. Shot my Seneca 45 yesterday and feel like my arm has been amputated. Using 45-50 gr FFF Goex and arm is purple and sore. My Hawken and PA Hunter don't do me like that. Wondering if the small stock buttplate is that different?
Holy Cow Cotntop! 45-50 grns powder even under a heavy conical shouldn't treat you like that.

Back