• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What kind of sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m not sure what forum to post this under but I’ve got this question eating at me. Bought a used muzzleloader with no markings or anything but it’s an absolutely beautiful hawken style rifle. Its previous owner went through all the stages of loss of sight with it and this gun bears the scars from numerous scope mount attempts, sight swapping and everything else. The one that had me wondering was this little threaded(?) hole in the center of the tang. Was this for an old tang sight or something? Was looking to get whatever it was back on it. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4526.jpeg
    IMG_4526.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I’m not sure what forum to post this under but I’ve got this question eating at me. Bought a used muzzleloader with no markings or anything but it’s an absolutely beautiful hawken style rifle. Its previous owner went through all the stages of loss of sight with it and this gun bears the scars from numerous scope mount attempts, sight swapping and everything else. The one that had me wondering was this little threaded(?) hole in the center of the tang. Was this for an old tang sight or something? Was looking to get whatever it was back on it. Thanks!
From the rear tang screw to the vacant thread may just be the right length for a Marbles tang sight, JQuigly. Measure it and compare with the Marbles factory specifications.

Cheers, Pete

Can't tell much from one small picture with no detail of the rest of the gun but, that looks like a standard Thompson Center three-hole tang to facilitate the mounting of their tang peep sight or the Lyman 57SML sight.

Back