• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What just happened?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look, if someone makes a bad deal, just post who the user is, what happened, and just give us all fair warning. The forum can not help you at getting your money back. If that person had you send a money order or check to an address, there you go. Contact the local police in that town, and let them handle it. Most cases, you lose you money.

I had one fellow on here and others on facebook that wanted to buy something off me, but didn't trust me! I was shocked and had to go send pictures of my drivers license ( important info blacked out ) and then took pictures of my face in magazines that were published. Some folks are just a little odd and want almost a blood sample before they send money.

It happens. Bad deal? Try to resolve it with that person. Still unhappy over something big? Let us know by posting about the bad dealer.

Look, if someone makes a bad deal, just post who the user is, what happened, and just give us all fair warning. The forum can not help you at getting your money back. If that person had you send a money order or check to an address, there you go. Contact the local police in that town, and let them handle it. Most cases, you lose you money.

I had one fellow on here and others on facebook that wanted to buy something off me, but didn't trust me! I was shocked and had to go send pictures of my drivers license ( important info blacked out ) and then took pictures of my face in magazines that were published. Some folks are just a little odd and want almost a blood sample before they send money.

It happens. Bad deal? Try to resolve it with that person. Still unhappy over something big? Let us know by posting about the bad dealer.
I think maybe you were not in the thread you think you were in???? :dunno:

I know what thread im on. Im going to include those that keep getting scammed into this thread, as it deals with "feeedback"

"I was just reading a thread in the fore sale column, it was very well written and it suggested a section for feed back on a seller. I wrote a comment, tried to post it and nothing, then the whole Thread was deleted! What’s going on MODS!"

We dont need to read good feedback, thats not the feedback we worry about.

I know what thread im on. Im going to include those that keep getting scammed into this thread, as it deals with "feeedback"

"I was just reading a thread in the fore sale column, it was very well written and it suggested a section for feed back on a seller. I wrote a comment, tried to post it and nothing, then the whole Thread was deleted! What’s going on MODS!"

We dont need to read good feedback, thats not the feedback we worry about.
Ah, I see what you were thinking.
The issue was the thread he started was in the for sale section, but he was not selling anything.
The thread was either moved or deleted - it did not belong in the for sale area. Pretty simple.
We do have several places that the thread would fit in and be on topic.

Point taken and understood. My main point is a person is showing very poor judgement by jumping up and down and screaming censorship when they put stuff in the wrong place and don't follow the rules. If a person wants to b%$#h about the way the forum is run and managed they should at the very least be a supporting member.
That kind of stuff belongs on farcebroke or Tik-Took - not here.
Not any different than one of us going into T-Mobile and raising hell about the service without even being a T-Mobile customer.
As far as the health of the forums (a business) without financial balance at the minimum - the business does not survive.
So yes - the forums health DOES depend on the members who contribute.
If the forum starts operating in the red - it will soon be dead.
You raise very good points. However a forum on a subject such as ours with worthless posts and information will be just as dead as very few want to be a part of it. As it is right now, there are some forum members here who's knowledge and the inspiration and information they offer would be worth paying to be a part of. But, more and more often I am seeing less of that and more and more perpetuation of b.s.
And worse, at least in my opinion, more and more, "show me your _____," or "let's see some _____," sophomoric posts.
Poor quality content will kill off a forum over time.

I see a lot of misunderstanding here as regards how these forums survive. I'm sure the $$ of contributing members is valued but the real value is in the traffic numbers which determines what advertising on the forum is worth to the sellers (not those in the members classifieds). As it is said in silicon Valley, "if it is free, you are the product".

That said, the value of the forums for all members depends on moderation.

Have quite a lot of nice ML items that i would like to offer here. These are both mine and those left to me to liquidate for 2 late friends family. I have not offered them on this forum for many of the reasons already noted. Listing them on big net sites results in much higher costs/taxes for everyone. Sad.

I see a lot of misunderstanding here as regards how these forums survive. I'm sure the $$ of contributing members is valued but the real value is in the traffic numbers which determines what advertising on the forum is worth to the sellers (not those in the members classifieds). As it is said in silicon Valley, "if it is free, you are the product".

That said, the value of the forums for all members depends on moderation.
This forum allows it's users to turn off the ad traffic, which I do.
I hate ads worse than some politicians.
For those persons, turn off the ads and don't become a supporting member - that's a Freddie.....

This forum allows it's users to turn off the ad traffic, which I do.
I hate ads worse than some politicians.
For those persons, turn off the ads and don't become a supporting member - that's a Freddie.....

I didn't know that 😳 I don't plan to turn them off. They don't bother me and sometimes I see something I like 😏

I didn't know that 😳 I don't plan to turn them off. They don't bother me and sometimes I see something I like 😏
I am one that finds advertisements annoying - I would much rather pay a subscription fee than see ads.
That's just me.
I compensate here for not watching ads by paying the yearly fee as a supporter and making other donations to the board, ie - benefit sales where the proceeds go to the board and a percentage of my sales on the classified section. It's a win-win as far as I am concerned.

Back