• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What just happened?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gtrubicon

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I was just reading a thread in the fore sale column, it was very well written and it suggested a section for feed back on a seller. I wrote a comment, tried to post it and nothing, then the whole Thread was deleted! What’s going on MODS!

Either way, censorship on intelligent converstation is wrong. I want an explanation as to why it disappeared.

Either way, censorship on intelligent converstation is wrong. I want an explanation as to why it disappeared.
Then you should probably have posted this in the Announcements and Troubleshooting section where, I think, that thread was located.
And, write a polite p.m. to Angie and Loyalist Dave. Key word = polite.

Thank you Brokennock,

FOLKS,

a) IF a thread was posted in the Classified Ads..., and it was not about the selling of an item but intended as a discussion of something other than an item "for sale"..., it was likely moved to "non-muzzleloading discussions".

b) Moderators, contrary to some folks beliefs, have a lot of combing to do each and everyday, as we try to peruse and detect and handle the minor violations that quite frankly might be less numerous if folks would read the rules, and comply with them, as they claimed to do before conclusion of their membership to join.

My "favorites" are the ones where the member writes, "This will probably get deleted [or close the thread, or get me banned]...." This shows the member KNOWS it's a violation, but posts it anyway...., I have no idea why such posts are done..., but they are not uncommon...

c) THEN you have those who still get upset and make posts complaining of the lack of diligence of the Moderators in not spotting everything that is a violation as soon as it's posted...,

d) Coupled with the folks that report "violations" that simply are not violations, but we have to take time, often to try and figure out what the objection actually is..., and THEN try to figure out if that objection actually applies to the post that was reported...,

e) CENSORSHIP? :mad: Censorship technically applies to a situation where Free Speech rights apply..., this is a private forum, so they don't apply here. None the less, I try not to interfere unless there is a clear rules violation. I even take the time to edit out a portion of an otherwise applicable post, the parts that violate the rules and to leave the rest in place. Yeah I'm a Big Ol' Nasty Censorship Guy.... 👨‍⚖️

f) OH and Moderators do not have the time to figure out if a person mispositions a post, if that member or all of those who have commented, are premium members...or not.... ⏱

OH and ad to that working the Law Enforcement to figure out who our scammer is, and where he is....

LD

a) IF a thread was posted in the Classified Ads..., and it was not about the selling of an item but intended as a discussion of something other than an item "for sale"..., it was likely moved to "non-muzzleloading discussions".
In this particular case, could that discussion been moved to the Announcements and Troubleshooting section seeing as it regards rules and a rule change that was posted there?

It did seem to be a valid idea, at least worth discussion and exploration.

c) THEN you have those who still get upset and make posts complaining of the lack of diligence of the Moderators in not spotting everything that is a violation as soon as it's posted...,
Along with this, woe be to the individual who looks out for the integrity of our forum community and points out that something doesn't belong or some other issue with a post.

Thank you Dave,
Dave

Go ahead and make your DEMAND -
Here we go again. The system is a private system.
The owners have EVERY right to control ANY conversation.
You are a guest. Even if you joined and became a contributing member - you are still a guest.
If the mods and owners feel a particular thread need moving or deleting - it's going to happen.
It's only censorship if it's a publicly owned medium.
For reference - demand the same from ABC-NBC-CBS-CNN - see what answer you get from them......
Try becoming a subscribing member before you start crying - you might get a slightly more friendly response....

The Management of any business, this forum included, want to make members happy
and increase the size of the operation. Therefore, realize that they are not happy to do
anything unpopular--or appear to be doing anything unpopular with members.
The nature of this Forum is that, just like the interstate Hwy, if a lot of users are
going to get value from it--we all have to stay in our lanes.

So guests get insulted but paying members get respect? Just want to know how it works here.
I have been a "paying" , supporting, member for several,yrs and have had a few of my posts moved or deleted I do not whine when it happens. I just take it like a big boy and go on. These moderarors do a great job they deserve praise for the time they put in to make this forum what it is.
Dave

So guests get insulted but paying members get respect? Just want to know how it works here.
Isn't it odd that the subscribed paying members - even those who have been "corrected" at times are all in agreement that sometimes the mods need to step up and keep things orderly and correct - while 95% of the indignation of being "guided" come from the non-subscribed population?
Our mods - just people like us - people that have volunteered to help - and at times to be the scapegoats - for the folks that contribute little or nothing to the health and continuance of the forum they use daily.

Hmm,,, contributing nothing?
So, if a paying member continually posts factually incorrect b.s. and refuses to provide support for their ascertations, continually propagates myths and misconceptions leftover from days gone by that have since been disproven with new research and information,,,, gets a pass? They are "contributing?"
But, someone who can't afford to pay money, but, contributes to discussions with good factual information and/or good well thought out questions,,, is not contributing anything?

Good to know.

Hmm,,, contributing nothing?
So, if a paying member continually posts factually incorrect b.s. and refuses to provide support for their ascertations, continually propagates myths and misconceptions leftover from days gone by that have since been disproven with new research and information,,,, gets a pass? They are "contributing?"
But, someone who can't afford to pay money, but, contributes to discussions with good factual information and/or good well thought out questions,,, is not contributing anything?

Good to know.
If $18.00 a year is un-affordable - then that person has taken up the wrong hobby. That's less than a nickel a day.
A box of 50 caliber balls and a pound of powder costs three times that - and that is not taking into consideration the cost of cleaning supplies.
"Can't afford?" Really?
So why are you not a contributing member? 10 years you have been using the system.
During that time how many supplies, guns, patches, powder have you bought? What is the value of those?

If $18.00 a year is un-affordable - then that person has taken up the wrong hobby. That's less than a nickel a day.
A box of 50 caliber balls and a pound of powder costs three times that - and that is not taking into consideration the cost of cleaning supplies.
"Can't afford?" Really?
So why are you not a contributing member? 10 years you have been using the system.
During that time how many supplies, guns, patches, powder have you bought? What is the value of those?
I didn't say I personally could or couldn't, but I'm sure there are some here who can't. Have there been times in the past ten years (it seems longer) that I could have spared the $18.00? Yes.
Can I right now,,,, no. I'll be lucky to not have to sell a lot of my stuff over the next few months.
But, the point was that just because someone doesn't pony up $18.00 doesn't mean they don't contribute here.
contribute little or nothing to the health and continuance of the forum
Is the forum's health really judged by the amount of paying members? Or is the health, and value, of this forum judged by the quality of the information and conversations found here?

Just wait till you get called a troll by the moderator for telling the truth as happened on a site for unmentionables.

But, the point was that just because someone doesn't pony up $18.00 doesn't mean they don't contribute here.

Is the forum's health really judged by the amount of paying members? Or is the health, and value, of this forum judged by the quality of the information and conversations found here?
Point taken and understood. My main point is a person is showing very poor judgement by jumping up and down and screaming censorship when they put stuff in the wrong place and don't follow the rules. If a person wants to b%$#h about the way the forum is run and managed they should at the very least be a supporting member.
That kind of stuff belongs on farcebroke or Tik-Took - not here.
Not any different than one of us going into T-Mobile and raising hell about the service without even being a T-Mobile customer.
As far as the health of the forums (a business) without financial balance at the minimum - the business does not survive.
So yes - the forums health DOES depend on the members who contribute.
If the forum starts operating in the red - it will soon be dead.

"Can't afford?" Really?
How many cases of beer do we buy after a hot afternoon target shooting?

Latest posts

Back