• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What happened to Lyman Muzzleloaders?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either in Santa Fe or Albuquerque, initially she asked McDonald's to reimburse her from ER expense and McDonald's refused.
wow if you could only get the facts straight. Estelle was a passenger in her grandson's car. The temperature of the coffee as prepared at that McD's was superheated, above the boiling point and when poured into a cup and served at the window, still averaged 190 degrees. Far to hot to drink without serious burns. She was sitting in a parked car trying to open the lid when she spilled it. causing third degree burns to her lap and private parts. Had the coffee been served at a reasonably hot ready to drink temperature, the injuries would have been a first degree or very minor second degree burns. NOTE: Even home hot water heaters are set below 125 degrees to avoid scalding infants, pets and elderly. (There was a case in Allentown in the late 1960's, in which a woman fell in the shower, knocking the hot water on full. She could not maneuver to reach the water valve and the hot water killed her. ) The super hot temperature was established by McDonalds knowing it was too hot to begin drinking and knew it was dangerous., but served that hot anyway. Estelle needed skin grafts and almost died despite quick treatment. They knowingly served a dangerously hot item.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/12/16/13971482/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit-stella-liebeck

Take a look at any product coming out of China today. They won't last near as long as they used to. Washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezer, LED shop lights, electronic components......all junk!! When we had these products and parts made in the USA, longevity was decades. I had tv's, washers, dryers, etc. handed down to me over 20 years old and running strong!! Washer made it 6 years, refrigerator made it 6 years, bought a $1200 Samsung TV(lasted just shy of 2 years!! Auto parts - made in China!! No good right out of the box, parts that are made specific to a vehicle don't fit or last less than a year!! If China decides to quit shipping....you already see the effect....supplies nowhere to be found. AMERICA JUST GOT BIT IN THE A$$!!
made in China appliances have nothing to do with where they are made. It was the EPA that destroyed appliances with their efficiency disease. adding computers to use as little water electric or gas. 3 years computer goes it is totaled goes to the dump

when I hear if they made them in US they would blow away any other country. first of all where is this US you speak of? go to any city airport disney world subway etc and look around.
it amazes me that most guys here are old but seem to forget the 70's and early 80"s when all american cars were total garbage. I had 3 chevy 3500 trucks where the cams wore out under 5K miles. finally the Japanese FORCED the US to make better cars and small engines. real estate in Italy was priced the same as here 45 miles from NYC which is upper middle clas. so if they can afford to live there making BP arms and sell them at a fraction of ones made in US what is the US problem?

when I hear if they made them in US they would blow away any other country. first of all where is this US you speak of? go to any city airport disney world subway etc and look around.
it amazes me that most guys here are old but seem to forget the 70's and early 80"s when all american cars were total garbage. I had 3 chevy 3500 trucks where the cams wore out under 5K miles. finally the Japanese FORCED the US to make better cars and small engines. real estate in Italy was priced the same as here 45 miles from NYC which is upper middle clas. so if they can afford to live there making BP arms and sell them at a fraction of ones made in US what is the US problem?
What a bunch of Bull S—t.

Take a look at any product coming out of China today. They won't last near as long as they used to. Washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezer, LED shop lights, electronic components......all junk!! When we had these products and parts made in the USA, longevity was decades. I had tv's, washers, dryers, etc. handed down to me over 20 years old and running strong!! Washer made it 6 years, refrigerator made it 6 years, bought a $1200 Samsung TV(lasted just shy of 2 years!! Auto parts - made in China!! No good right out of the box, parts that are made specific to a vehicle don't fit or last less than a year!! If China decides to quit shipping....you already see the effect....supplies nowhere to be found. AMERICA JUST GOT BIT IN THE A$$!!
The issue is that American companies started prioritizing shareholder value over the quality of their products. Why is all this stuff made in China? Because it’s cheaper to produce, and they certainly don’t pass those savings on to us. Why is all of this Chinese stuff manure? Because that’s what the American companies are willing to pay the Chinese to make. They’re capable of making things just as well as can be done here, but not at the per-unit cost they’re being offered.
Tell your Congressman (if they ever manage to seat a Speaker) to raise the taxes on companies that offshore their production, and use the money to give incentives to companies that bring production back to America, and you’ll start seeing better products in the stores.
Jay

I can't find Lyman muzzleloaders on the Lyman website. Very few Lyman MLs can be found at any website, period. :rolleyes:
However, I have noticed that on the Davide Pedersoli website, they offer Lyman MLs as a "signature series", but at an increased price. There are a couple of other websites that sell Lyman MLs, but at the bottom of the page/ad it says, "by Pedersoli".

My question is: Did Lyman Products sell out their muzzleloader rifles to Pedersoli? 🤔
Wow, so very weird! I asked a question about something being phased out a few days ago and the hyenas attacked every a moderator or two added to the fuel. Good luck dude.

I think that a CALORIC, cooking range from 70 yrs ago, is called a stove today

no problem, just greed. Bigger house, bigger car, bigger toys more things than you ever need. How many firearms do you own? ....look around, its easy to see. Just look in the mirror. We are all guilty one way or the other.

The issue is that American companies started prioritizing shareholder value over the quality of their products. Why is all this stuff made in China? Because it’s cheaper to produce, and they certainly don’t pass those savings on to us. Why is all of this Chinese stuff manure? Because that’s what the American companies are willing to pay the Chinese to make. They’re capable of making things just as well as can be done here, but not at the per-unit cost they’re being offered.
Tell your Congressman (if they ever manage to seat a Speaker) to raise the taxes on companies that offshore their production, and use the money to give incentives to companies that bring production back to America, and you’ll start seeing better products in the stores.
Jay
Its a race we can't win. China can increase its quality much faster & cheaper than we can. People will still buy what gives them the best bang for their buck, regardless of where it comes from. Buy a pair of sneakers recently? Clothing? LOL, want to pay USA prices for it?

Japanese companies worked in unison and had the suppliers as part of their total production chain. This was govt supported, and no one stepped out of line in typical Japanese fashion. They had control of virtually everything from raw material to every part they needed to build their vehicles.
  • A vertical "keiretsu" is a partnership of manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors that work cooperatively to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
My daughtr works at Harley in York. For some parts they keep less than an hour's production line quantity in stock. Much of the parts inventory is actually held by other companies in warehouses on the other side of York and are loaded and trucked over with minimal advance notice. If a fork lift breaks down and takes two hours to fix, the production line at Harley will go down when it runs out of parts on hand. The system sounds thoroughly stupid to me. I would figure a day's worth of parts on hand, but running so tight, that they keep only an hour's worth is insane. One day a worker misplaced a box of bolts. They ended up being short those bolts two hours later and shut down, only to have the box found after most of the workers had punched out. (sound fishy?)
made in China appliances have nothing to do with where they are made. It was the EPA that destroyed appliances with their efficiency disease. adding computers to use as little water electric or gas. 3 years computer goes it is totaled goes to the dump
Yeah look at how well American made cars of the 1970's and 1980's lasted. 12 yrs average before they rusted through the undercarriage. And the American made 20 inch TV sets cost more then, than 2x bigger flat screens today. American made was not always the quality some nostalgically disremember. Corvairs and Pintos killed people. Tires lasted only 15k to 25K miles. And most cars were considered junk at 100K miles. Some American made products were good, and some foreign made products were always better than American. Cameras for instance. There are no American made of some products. If I want tiny eyelets for things I make, there are no American suppliers. They all come from China. The American store such as Ace or True Value, get $2.89 for six 8mm eyelets. I can go on-line and order 200 directly from China for that exact amount with no shipping or postage. And then, what is American made. A present I gave my wife, said this one the box. "Proudly assembled in America from mostly American made parts." My wife's Mitsubishi was 90% made in Thailand, 8% made in Japan and 2 percent of the parts came from the US. My Farm tractor- Engine made in India, frame and cab made in Korea, tires from the USA., but probably made from latex from Indonesia and steel belting from China.

Last edited:
NYC says it all!!! My property taxes here are under $300/yr and I have nothing but wilderness around me. As far as the 3 trucks, now that's comparing apples to oranges....how many millions didn't fail?! I have had vehicles from the '50's-'60's-'70's and up that all went 100,000 +, I've also seen these wonderful so-called brand new Japanese vehicles sitting on the side of the road as I drove by. As I said before, you could rely on an appliance to last way more than the 2-6 years if you're lucky today.
I've also seen the way some folks, especially the younger, treat a vehicle like it was a crashy dummy vehicle. When you talk about those 3 trucks you destroyed, I'm seeing a youngster that possibly did the same thing. You can't compare homes in Europe to the USA, excet maybe NYC, where a $3000 a month apartment is no bigger than my living room. European homes don't compare to the average American home in size.

My daughtr works at Harley in York. For some parts they keep less than an hour's production line quantity in stock. Much of the parts inventory is actually held by other companies in warehouses on the other side of York and are loaded and trucked over with minimal advance notice. If a fork lift breaks down and takes two hours to fix, the production line at Harley will go down when it runs out of parts on hand. The system sounds thoroughly stupid to me. I would figure a day's worth of parts on hand, but running so tight, that they keep only an hour's worth is insane. One day a worker misplaced a box of bolts. They ended up being short those bolts two hours later and shut down, only to have the box found after most of the workers had punched out. (sound fishy?)

Yeah look at how well American made cars of the 1970's and 1980's lasted. 12 yrs average before they rusted through the undercarriage. And the American made 20 inch TV sets cost more then, than 2x bigger flat screens today. American made was not always the quality some nostalgically disremember. Corvairs and Pintos killed people. Tires lasted only 15k to 25K miles. And most cars were considered junk at 100K miles. Some American made products were good, and some foreign made products were always better than American. Cameras for instance. There are no American made of some products. If I want tiny eyelets for things I make, there are no American suppliers. They all come from China. The American store such as Ace or True Value, get $289 for six 8mm eyelets. I can go on-line and order 200 directly from China for that exact amount with no shipping or postage. And then, what is American made. A present I gave my wife, said this one the box. "Proudly assembled in America from mostly American made parts." My wife's Mitsubishi was 90% made in Thailand, 8% made in Japan and 2 percent of the parts came from the US. My Farm tractor- Engine made in India, frame and cab made in Korea, tires from the USA., but probably made from latex from Indonesia and steel belting from China.
Yes, we live in a "world wide economy" these days.

NYC says it all!!! My property taxes here are under $300/yr and I have nothing but wilderness around me. As far as the 3 trucks, now that's comparing apples to oranges....how many millions didn't fail?! I have had vehicles from the '50's-'60's-'70's and up that all went 100,000 +, I've also seen these wonderful so-called brand new Japanese vehicles sitting on the side of the road as I drove by. As I said before, you could rely on an appliance to last way more than the 2-6 years if you're lucky today.
I've also seen the way some folks, especially the younger, treat a vehicle like it was a crashy dummy vehicle. When you talk about those 3 trucks you destroyed, I'm seeing a youngster that possibly did the same thing. You can't compare homes in Europe to the USA, excet maybe NYC, where a $3000 a month apartment is no bigger than my living room. European homes don't compare to the average American home in size.
Yes, European homes are smaller and amazingly they seem to get by just fine!!! In my research , it was plainly stated that the average "fail" rate for an appliance built today was 15% regardless of the brand and where it was made. it is built into the production!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back