• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished inletting the double set trigger on my J. Armstrong build. Then fired up the weedeater to knock down some high grass in the yard. Fixed dinner & watched "Heaven is for real".

Made some ingots, talked to my 7 year old daughter about what Memorial Day is about and told her all about her Great Grandfathers who served in WW2 and Korea, then took her shooting for the 1st time!

We shot my new .50 Traditions Trapper that I bought off the forum. 20 grains of Goex was a good load for her, she loved it! That pistol is super accurate too, I'm very happy with that purchase.
20210531_185546.jpg

Hi all,

These are ~ late 50's early 60's clay bird houses that have been in the family for as long as I can remember.
Used a wire brush to clean the crud, lichen, etc. from them and soaked them in hot soapy water over night.
After rinsing and allowing to dry the fun began.

So, Krylon primer, paint and 3M blue masking tape (the stars were also made from said tape as masks over the white base).
Naturally I found Navy blue after the fact...

Bob
p.s. even after a bit of search on-line, I've yet to see any others. A few more would be nice to re-do.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 55
Took the TRD in finally for a popping/creaking sound under the vehicle. It was getting loud and making my butt adhere a little too tightly to the seat.
Got a call back from the shop in the middle of a nap and they said my skid plate was loose. I said that I've been informed of that but what's wrong with the truck. Anyways, they just tightened it up, no charge and now it's easier for me to disengage from the seat.

wm

Last edited:
I have a low motivation girlfriend, her house burned and the new one looks like a hoarders house, both sides of a double car garage filled with piles of old clothes and assorted junk. I told her to have a new house built and not be able to park in the garage was a travesty that she should correct. I'll be dang if she didn't take this suggestion to heart.

She said a lot of the stuff in the garage was gifted to her from friends and neighbors when her house burned. She started sorting and storing the useful stuff in the attic, being a bright resourceful gal she even rigged a pully system to hoist the heavy totes up into the attic.

Yesterday it was "go to the dump" day, I have a truck, she doesn't. We piled my F250 truck bed full of trash bags filled with stuff to take to the dump, then loaded another layer on top of the first with bags of clothes to take to the Good Will.

The first stop was at the Good Will store to lighten our load.

My girl friend is directionally challenged, although she had been to the dump several times (she lives in TN, I live in Bama) she got us lost and had us driving in circles trying to find that dump that she said was "right around the corner". I finally told her to get out her phone and have it tell us where the dump was. Bingo! The GPS lady on the phone had us there in short order, mission accomplished.

At the end of the day she could park two cars in the garage, now it is time to tackle the inside of the house that looks much the same as the garage once did.

I have a low motivation girlfriend, her house burned and the new one looks like a hoarders house, both sides of a double car garage filled with piles of old clothes and assorted junk. I told her to have a new house built and not be able to park in the garage was a travesty that she should correct. I'll be dang if she didn't take this suggestion to heart.

She said a lot of the stuff in the garage was gifted to her from friends and neighbors when her house burned. She started sorting and storing the useful stuff in the attic, being a bright resourceful gal she even rigged a pully system to hoist the heavy totes up into the attic.

Yesterday it was "go to the dump" day, I have a truck, she doesn't. We piled my F250 truck bed full of trash bags filled with stuff to take to the dump, then loaded another layer on top of the first with bags of clothes to take to the Good Will.

The first stop was at the Good Will store to lighten our load.

My girl friend is directionally challenged, although she had been to the dump several times (she lives in TN, I live in Bama) she got us lost and had us driving in circles trying to find that dump that she said ... Polecatwas "right around the corner". I finally told her to get out her phone and have it tell us where the dump was. Bingo! The GPS lady on the phone had us there in short order, mission accomplished.

At the end of the day she could park two cars in the garage, now it is time to tackle the inside of the house that looks much the same as the garage once did.
She must be my wife's sister ... you described our place very precisely. Polecat

Took my .54 plains rifle (lefty cap lock) to the range today, set up the chronograph and a target at 100 yards.
Load A: 60 grains 2F Goex, .542 patched round ball (she is a fat .54.) Averaged 1400 FPS, ES 26 FPS; good group, good patches, low at 100.
Load B: 60 Grains 777 2F, same ball. Averaged 1620 FPS, ES 47 FPS; vertical stringing, torn patches. OOPS!
Load C: 80 2F Grains Goex, same ball. Averaged 1650 FPS, ES 62 FPS; good group, good patches. Winner!
Load D: 90 grains 3F Goex, same ball, averaged 1675 FPS, ES 66 FPS; poor group, shredded patches.
Load E: 70 Grains #F Goex, .535 patched round ball. Averaged 1650 FPS, ES 95 FPS; poor group, could find no patches!

Lovely day, clear and warm, not hot, and a slight breeze. Saw three deer and a hen turkey. Came home and found a bear on my trail camera 21 yards from my front door. Had to refill the bird feeders. They will come in night for a while.

Tomorrow back to the range to fine tune that Load C!

ADK Bigfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back