• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did I buy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxist

32 Cal
Reaction score
Picked this up in Connecticut. Was sold as a 1860s field signal cannon. Have some hope this is not a repro/toy.

Did I get the real deal? Thoughts?
1000000707.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518-163928.png
    Screenshot_20240518-163928.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I am far from a expert, but my guess, it is not the real deal.

Looking forward to other people giving information. It is a nice little piece, so can see it being bought.

The angle on the vent hole looks to new and the trunnions look suspicious.

But there does seem to be some numbers on the breach just behind the vent hole. But you need to remember I am just guessing on my part. It would be nice if I was wrong. We need some more help.

Picked this up in Connecticut. Was sold as a 1860s field signal cannon. Have some hope this is not a repro/toy.

View attachment 320886

View attachment 320886
looks old. a signal cannon from a coasting sloop. these signals were made hodge podge and cheaply for their use was strictly communications on the water. also the touch hole is a bigger diameter like old ordnance. plus no weld beads on the trunnions.

Back