• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Weirdest Animal You Ate

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a fit of maddness at a winter survival shoot we et' prairie dog It's a bit tough and greasy, I think I'd have to be starvin' to do it again.

My uncle sent me on a trip one time. Ate lots of ethnic chow: MONKEY MEAT. Wonky

Saw someone listed raw cicada. I've had the pleasure of having a life one myself. Now that is A LOT of bug! Not only do you get a meal, it quenches your thirst with all those bug juices.
I've eaten a lot of insects, and to many people, that tops the list of weird things to eat..at least in the US.

P.S. Don't eat ladybugs. They taste like they smell.

I had an African Firemouth Ciclid in my aquarium once and he was harassing all my other fish so I ate him. I've also had gator, beaver, and crow.

Last time we had 17 year cicadas we (I) gathered lots of them and fried em up. They had absolutely no taste so we had to spice em up with garlic, soy sauce and red pepper. Kids (15 to 20 years old) loved them. Wife would not touch more than one. GC

I'll eat anything that can't outrun me. I've had everything that's on the list so far - except cicadas!

Steamed blue crabs and raw oysters. We always said the first person who ate a crab was a brave soul. Of course we in Maryland are the only people on the planet who know how to fix them.

I've had some of what you mentioned. Other than that, I don't know. Was in Mexico and had "Beef w/ rice". Funny how a porcupine needle was in it......didn't bother me, but my wife raised an eyebrow. The rib bones in the chicken were NOT chicken bones. If it wasn't meant to be eaten, it wouldn't have been made of meat! :thumbsup: It was better than the minnow my brother dared me to eat when I was a kid! :grin:

windwalker,
Please don't say it tasted like chicken :hmm:
snake-eyes:surrender:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back