• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

weeds for wads. good idea.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked myself if I felt disrespected when I used random fiber wading like tow or paper, I said no
I asked my gun if she felt disrespected when I used anything but commercial cards, she said no, she was just happy to be on the hunt
I asked the last squirrel I killed if he felt disrespected.
He didn’t answer, just laid there assuming room temperature .

I asked myself if I felt disrespected when I used random fiber wading like tow or paper, I said no
I asked my gun if she felt disrespected when I used anything but commercial cards, she said no, she was just happy to be on the hunt
I asked the last squirrel I killed if he felt disrespected.
He didn’t answer, just laid there assuming room temperature .
I'm probably more in tune with my Zen....

I’ve shot a lot of squirrels with my .60 caliber Fusil de Chasse (yeah, I said that) using 65 grains of 2f an about 65 grains of #6 shot. My wads were always wasp nest, tree leaves or jute tow. I never lost a squirrel and never had one jump up and tell me he felt disrespected. But there’s a first time for everything I guess.

I once had a guy tell me that he would never put something like leaves or grass down the barrel of his very fine, custom made $3000 muzzleloader. I said “but you don’t have a problem igniting a charge of black powder in it”. He had nothing else to say.

Back