• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Was Friendship a Bust ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:v First of all a BOD that is that top heavy means quite simply you have a "Good Ole Boys (Gals) Club" in and of itself. That is so unwieldy a BOD that you would need a huge bulldozer to move anything along at any meeting. Those that live the closest will be at all the BOD meetings, just for the chow. This closeness, of the local BOD members, has lead to an incestuous relationship---so you know that no one is going to go against Uncles Jethro and Hezekiah at any "business" meeting. You have to rally enough to overthrow that current BOD and lighten the load (throw them out.)I am quite sure there may be term limits on the Executive staff but the BOD is usual self-perpetuating as the Nominating Committee usually only replaces those who die or get sick. To take this organization over requires a a lot of energy and maneuvering and I don't see a ground-swell building in that direction----so once again you either love 'em or leave 'em. :bow:

Pasquenel said:
:v First of all a BOD that is that top heavy means quite simply you have a "Good Ole Boys (Gals) Club" in and of itself. That is so unwieldy a BOD that you would need a huge bulldozer to move anything along at any meeting. Those that live the closest will be at all the BOD meetings, just for the chow. This closeness, of the local BOD members, has lead to an incestuous relationship---so you know that no one is going to go against Uncles Jethro and Hezekiah at any "business" meeting. You have to rally enough to overthrow that current BOD and lighten the load (throw them out.)I am quite sure there may be term limits on the Executive staff but the BOD is usual self-perpetuating as the Nominating Committee usually only replaces those who die or get sick. To take this organization over requires a a lot of energy and maneuvering and I don't see a ground-swell building in that direction----so once again you either love 'em or leave 'em. :bow:

Better to start from SCRATCH, than to try and Fix a SINKING SHIP. Besides the OLD GUARD will never let loose of control. that is the way they like it.... :rotf: :rotf:

Pasquenel said:

I know nothing about the NMLRA or it's board. But, I've served on several boards in my time, as Officer and President. You are 100 percent correct about boards like that in general.

I served as President of corporate board for 12 years (no term limits) and I can tell you that most members at large (non-board), don't join to "work". They join for the benefits and are comfortable letting others make the decisions. Trying to get anyone to help was hard enough, much less trying to get them to "change the organization from within". It just doesn't happen that way. It takes a leader with vision who can get people motivated to follow his lead.

IMO and experience.

I bet some place in the by-laws their is a section dealing with members and resolutions & changes.
Say if 50 members present a letter signed at the membership meeting they may be able to force a change in government.

I personally would like to serve on a BOD of a Fortune 500 Company that requires the BOD to meet about 6 times per year, and be compensated about 25K/ meeting.

Know of an Ex Partner of a Big 8 CPA Firm who was on (2) BOD’s of Non Profits. think they like having him on the BOD because of his CREDENTIALS. for about 40 hours/ year SERVICe he collected just under 100K Annually

Nice Work if you can get it... :bull: :bull: :bull: :bull: :bull:

Kind of funny Ive found the prez and some other people that have a term limt but NOTHING about the others even in mins of changes to the board! Whats that tell ya ?? PUll the plug, they are going to run it the way they want till ... Fred :hatsoff: I guess I got my answer to the org Q I started with.

IMHO one of the reason groups like the NMLRA don’t get it is many members who have problems with what is going on with in the organization never bother to tell those in charge of their disenchantment.

Best way to get those in charges attention is to not re new membership, and send a letter stating reason why you are not renewing your membership with you renewal slip, or invoice.

Too many disgruntle members will gripe, moan, and gripe around other members, and non members. But never tell to people who can change this of their dissatisfaction with an group, club. etc..

If you do write a letter to those in charge about your disenchantment or dissatisfaction, and don’t get a reply to you letter.

Say Odd-De-Os, and move on to something that is fun. :rotf:

The NMLRA has 18,000 members.

The U.S. Parachute Association has 31,000 members.

this means that almost twice as many people are willing to jump out of an airplane than join the NMLRA !!!!

:rotf:

We should all pause for a moment of silence and think about the implications of this situation.

:surrender:

ghost said:
The NMLRA has 18,000 members.

The U.S. Parachute Association has 31,000 members.

this means that almost twice as many people are willing to jump out of an airplane than join the NMLRA !!!!

:rotf:

We should all pause for a moment of silence and think about the implications of this situation.

:surrender:

" this means that almost twice as many people are willing to jump out of an airplane than join the NMLRA !!!!"

That is funny, and I think 18,000 is a number from years ago.

Whatever it is and it may be high the prez in his call me letter also ran some totals and it wasnt good, theyare getting smaller by a bite every year and its got the smart one's(less than 1% I'm sure worrying) Me Id like to see if anyone has anything more to say about how it was at this years??? And I'd like to see the West one be killer just one year too. Fred :hatsoff:

Well I wonder if that FANCY Stainless Steel Frozen Yogurt Machine is still working, and pumping out FREE FROZEN YOGURT at the friendship Shoots? Like it was in 2000 when my buddy was offered a FREE CONE :hmm:

Latest posts

Back