• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wanted Underhammer Pictures

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootsctm

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Was hoping some of you guys with underhammer rifles out there would post some pictures in this post. Am working on building a underhammer and can't decide on forarm shape and stock shape.
Thanks

My Billinghurst and Charlie Bowers on my chunker. 1.5" barrels too big for forearm though:)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Unknown action with my favorite forearm....sorry, I only have a picture with the interchangable 20g barrel sitting next to it.

Bootsctm said:
Thanks all for the photos. Metalshaper how do you like the wedge pin?

Bootsctm,

The wedge pins work really good! I machined the tennons/wedges myself and hand fitted everything, so they are tight.. no wobble or wiggle to the forearm..

just a thin key with no head on either side.. makes for a fairly flush and sleek look/feel I think? oh and I added a horn nose (and tail) cap to the forearm as well

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

couple more

brass banded ramrod tube( as the fore end treatment )

walnut stocked boys rifle ( pewter poured at both ends of the forearm. )

Hope it helps?

Respect Always
Metalshaper/Jonathan

Well, I don't have a photobucket account so I can't post a picture of my rifle but it looks a lot like the one MD has. The main difference is that mine has different sights and I don't have that excellent flash diverter. That is something that MD made himself. Mine is a .45 caliber and as soon as I get a coupe hundred dollars that I am not doing anything with, I am going to have a .32 barrel made for it by Long Hammock. That is who made my original barrel and it is a dandy.

I think that the one made by metalshaper is a real show piece. Gorgeous work!

The rifle that jonboyb has is a real drool generator, too. Beautiful gun.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Finally desided a how to shape my rifle. Have worked on it alot this weekend will post some before and after pictures in the next day or two. Since this was my first wood working project I have made a few mistakes. But learned alot for next time. Thanks everyone for the pictures.

I prefer the handling & style of an U/H without any forend.

dscn0798u.jpg

Back