• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, mine simply blew the latch pieces apart and destroyed them, so I ordered the new style latch parts for the new drgoons and hand filed the grooves and drilled the spring hole and converted it to the new latch. Although not original to the #1 it is functional and looks better than a rubber band or ziptie. I also installed a set of buckhorn sights on the barrel which has turned it into an extremely accurate revolver. I wouldn't want to have to escape from it. best wishes, ray

That's exactly how I feel about this revolver. The lever drop worry is a small trade off compared to the astonishing power these revolvers hit with.

That said, I just slap the lever back into place. I suppose a small c-clip can help keep the lever from falling so much.

I had an Uberti 2nd model dragoon which is like the Walker. I read about the loading lever problem thats why i choose the Dragoon, its lever latches like the 1860 colt Army, worked great and i regret selling it.

Dude...your icon looks like Joe Walsh and Clint Eastwood in a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup sorta way... :hmm:

I have the Walker (52 grains) as well as the 3rd Model Dragoon (45 grains), both by Uberti. They're both excellent shooters! The Walker has been used out to 135 yards to hit gongs :shocked2: and I consider it the most accurate BP revolver I own. Shoot it out-of-the-box too!

Dave

I have a Uberti Walker that I bought in '94. Excellent shooting (loud) gun that satisfies every male urge to play with somethig that goes bang. Make sure you load it with enough powder. Dixie Gun Works recommends a 22 gr. charge of FFG which, probably, wouldn't allow the ball to seat on the powder. 40 gr. is a better load for this pistol. Extra heavy loads will probably cause the wedge to wear.

I understand that the sights were originally set for 50 yards, which explains why the gun shoots high at 15-25 yards. I just aim lower.

smokin.50,
I have to agree the Uberti Walker was surprisingly accurate to shoot after being used to the Piettas in my cabinet. I noticed the Uberti has a bit more agressive rifling.

45 grains Goex, .454 ball = :thumbsup:

Why such a light charge? :rotf: :haha: The balls are half-way down the chambers :haha: :shocked2: .

Enjoy it and make smoke! :thumbsup:

Dave

The Uberti manual recommends standard 22 grains and max 30 grains :idunno: :(

Mine holds great accuracy with 45-50 grains Goex, but I didn't buy the Walker for accuracy, bought it for the earth shattering ka-boom and the smoke! :haha: :hatsoff:

I use heavier loads now and then and having the load lever fall even after the catch modification just adds to the fun of owning a Walker. :thumbsup:

t.l.a.r. eng said:
The Uberti manual recommends standard 22 grains and max 30 grains :idunno: :(

Mine holds great accuracy with 45-50 grains Goex, but I didn't buy the Walker for accuracy, bought it for the earth shattering ka-boom and the smoke! :haha: :hatsoff:

I use heavier loads now and then and having the load lever fall even after the catch modification just adds to the fun of owning a Walker. :thumbsup:

You'll get better accuracy at 50 grains than at 45, due in part to the balls not having to "jump" into the forcing cone from deep in the chambers. The use of at least one pre-lubed wonder-wad will bring the balls closer to the chamber mouths. :wink:

Have fun making the BOOM!

Dave

I have a Walker (Uberti) and use 50 grain pyrodex. For lever drops, you can use a rubber band or a bread twist-tie, or if your forearms are big enough, just flip the wrist upwards to reset the lever (and clear the used cap). Then you can lower the muzzle and recock the hammer for more fun.
:wink:

Back