• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colt Walker vs Dragoon more fun to shoot?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dimensions on this Hoch mold (0.449" tail end) look just right for Uberti Dragoons and it's adjustable for two different weights. Need to get around to giving it a work out in the Third Model.

Hoch mold.jpg

As cast with the mold set up that way they weigh 222 grains, definitely in the Goldilocks zone for a Dragoon.

None of the above.
Both of these revolvers were meant to be carried in pommel holsters on the saddle of a horse. Do you have a horse?
Yes I know Gus carried one in Lonesome Dove. but remember movie six guns can shoot multiple rounds with out reloading so go figure.
The only time I ever remember a character reloading was in the movie
Purgatory in a gunfight as good as or better than Open Range.
And lots of Gunpowder smoke.
I have a personal project which is a partly finished 3rd model with a fluted cylinder waiting until I muster the energy to chop off most of the barrel and make a snubby out of it.
But that is me a man ought to do what he thinks best,
Respectfully submitted
Bunk

We talking with or without a shoulder-stock? I wouldn't recommend a Walker without one, but then again I'm a small guy.

None of the above.
Both of these revolvers were meant to be carried in pommel holsters on the saddle of a horse. Do you have a horse?
Yes I know Gus carried one in Lonesome Dove. but remember movie six guns can shoot multiple rounds with out reloading so go figure.
The only time I ever remember a character reloading was in the movie
Purgatory in a gunfight as good as or better than Open Range.
And lots of Gunpowder smoke.
I have a personal project which is a partly finished 3rd model with a fluted cylinder waiting until I muster the energy to chop off most of the barrel and make a snubby out of it.
But that is me a man ought to do what he thinks best,
Respectfully submitted
Bunk
No horse, just a Jeep. When I carry a gun, it sure is not a black powder revolver. I am not concerned how Hollywood actors carry guns around, or how they reload them in the movies. I just like to shoot powerful BP revolvers at the range.

100_6617.JPG
100_6963.JPG
100_6965.JPG

For a Walker you'd have to make a "3rd Model" Walker. The frame of a 3rd Dragoon ( cut for stock obviously) and change out the arbor and barrel assy for Walker parts and you'd have a Walker suitable for a stock.

Mike

Back