• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

W.C. Scott & son Shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.Dorsett

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My Dad has an old muzzleloading shotgun that has always been in the family...It's made by Scott & son in England...we can't find anybody who knows much about them...If anybody here does,I would greatly appreciate any information

W & C SCOTT made good quality 12 bore side by side hammerguns.
Matching engraved hammers.
Rotary under-lever action.
Sidelocks engraved with scroll and birds.
30" damascus barrels.
Straight English stock with steel butt plate.
22,000+ serial range.

Some barrels are marked, "Not for Ball". Shot only and if you do shoot it, use light loads because of the damascus barrels.

Picture is of a W & C SCOTT 10 gauge, double barrel valued at $1,250.00.
S0222L.jpg

Jones Underlever...This is a great old London made market hunter's gun.
It has sharp scroll engraving even though there is little-no original finish on metal.
The exterior of the barrel is lightly pitted.
It does have surprisingly good checkering.
Bore Condition - Very Good Damascus...
Brl Lth. 32...
Cast off 1/2"...
LOP 14 Drop at heel 3 1/2"...
Drop at comb 2" ...
Weight 11 lbs...
Manufactured in the late 1870's.

Musketman...noticed the varying "date & time stamps" for different posts on this thread, started with the 4th, then see dates of the 3rd, AM's, PM's, etc...wondered if the system clock is off or are these actual times form the various locations around the world of an individual that makes the post??

Dorsett....I'll try to find out if Double Gun Journal has a website where their articles can be accessed. They cover the double guns thoroughly....imagine that..hehehe. It's also worth subscribing to just for the photography, let alone the info in the articles..it's a collector grade publication.

I can't find a website but their address is:

Double Gun Journal
P. O. Box 550
East Jordan, Michigan 49727

Phone is 231-536-7439

Vic

Back