• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Using yellow brass for a Simple trigger??????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4570tc

40 Cal.
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on using Yellow Brass for a simple trigger? It will be on a full stock Flintlock.
I will machine the profile and the bar is thick enough to include a shoe (Wide,thin Front to the trigger)

Just looking for something Different?
was wondering about wear between the sear bar and the brass trigger

I have a nice little New York percussion rifle made in the late 1860's that has a brass trigger. I have taken it apart and the trigger shows very minimal wear even after all those years in use.

I would probably work harden the contact surface and if done properly it probably will never be a problem.

Are you talking about the whole trigger, blade and shoe, or just the shoe?

I would certainly want the interface with the sear bar, and the pivot pin to be with steel.

Lots of modern guns are made with gold plated triggers. I'm not sure if that was PC or not, but probably only on very high end European stuff.

Latest posts

Back