• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

United States Postal Service S**ks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i have. There wasn't any problem. Just have to explain to some of the clerks that it is legal to ship muzzleloaders since they are not considered firearms.

:hmm: Lets just say I have 'heard' that it is better to remove the lock and if possible, the barrel and ship them as 'PARTS' by fedex or UPS... :thumbsup:

At the risk of starting something the same people that run the U.S. Post Office are that same people that want to handle our Social Security and Health Care think about that.

Andy

Never said i liked them, only that i had mailed muzzleloaders through them. Guy asked a question, i answered him. Simple as that.

never had a problem with UPS or for that mater USPO. i have sent complete muzzle loaders without any problem "knock on wood"

When the nosy lady at the PO asked what's in the box, I told her that it was a wood carving. She was happy as a hog bathin' in slop.
I understand that it is NOT necessary to label a muzzleloader on the outside of the box anyway.
Regards,
Terry

Just to let you guys know... my U.S. postal carrier is a 2 time convicted shoplifter and we cannot get her removed from the job. It seems that something that would keep you from being hired by them is ok to do once your an employee.
In this day of identity theft it makes you wonder who is handling the "important" stuff.
Keep your eye on em, they're everywhere.

:hmm: Lets just say I have 'heard' that it is better to remove the lock and if possible, the barrel and ship them as 'PARTS' by fedex or UPS... :thumbsup:

My wife works for UPS.....sorry to say, but sometimes they are no better.

If you insure it you need to place exactly what it is on the form if you want to be paid if its lost. If not your insurance is for nothing.
I have shipped firearms with ups was no problem. Explained this is a pistol I own it IM sending it to the factory for work zero trouble.
I have shipped plenty of gun parts with usps and told them right off when asked its gun parts.
I have had mor eproblems trying to mail my tax forms than guns or parts.

Did you ever try to mail a muzzleloader? :crackup:

Hey now, we don't want any folks going "Postal". When they do, they usually select something in automatic with a large magazine. Not an ML. :nono:

Likely just folks trying to be careful with weapons shipping doing a minor misinterpretation of the law.

Homeland Security.

Now you are on my worst gripe.
Homeland security should be Watch US take away your freedoms. Come spend a week on the Texas/Mexico border. The border is wide open and if you think it is just mexican nationals coming accross you need to take a hunting vacation down here. Homeland Security is a joke and has nothing to do with your security. It has to do with the loss of the Bill of Rights and the destuction of the Constitution. Wake up! The supreme court of our land did away with the 4th bill of rights last month. You can now be stopped in your vehicle and searched anytime, anyplace. No disrespect meant, I hope you guys are fighting right beside me if it comes to that.

I was not defending homeland security. Merely trying to explain that postal workers do have a more scrutinizing role regarding weapons these days and there are bound to be mis-interpretations.

I'm also ****** about the bill of rights issue and have been sending letters and making calls to legislation including the whitehouse.

I am standing & fighting right beside you and the rest of us that are concerned for our constituion and bill of rights. :thumbsup:

I've got 26 years Federal service and I ship with UPS.
Just explain tha any pre 1898 firearm can be shipped.Sometimes they have to call a supervisor. Its not the Post Offices fault, Ted Kennedy started all the shipping manure :curse:
Nit Wit

Wilded, thanks for the heads up on Article 4. I just sent letters to my Senators, President Bush, and vice President Cheney in regards to this. Guess i should watch the news more often.

The supreme court of our land did away with the 4th bill of rights last month. You can now be stopped in your vehicle and searched anytime, anyplace.
===========================================================
I guess some of us never had that right mmmmmm :hmm: interesting .
sorry inside comment . sorry claude i know ,,, no politics LOL

Back