• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruzer1

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Related to the other underhammer thread but different enough I did not want to go :eek:ff

I am looking at sights to put on my underhammer (the H & A action from Pecatonica river). I am not overly concerned about perfect historical accuracy as it is primarily a hunting rifle.

I am a big fan of aperture sights so was looking at some adjustable receiver sights. For those who have owned them I am looking for advice as many receiver sights may or may not work.

I did find this sight from midway Link . It seems to fit my bill and claims to be also good for Hopkins and Allen muzzleloaders (are there other H & A actions out there?)

Just seeing if folks have tried this and it "fits" and/or have other suggestions.

Thanks

I have a DW battlesight on my Allen underhammer rifle that I use for shooting bullets past 200 yards Google it and you will find the web site. It's a lot like an old Redfield target sight with 120 minutes of elevation

Your quite perceptive as nothing is as accurate as an aperture in open sighting.
A large ghost ring rear sight close to your eye and a flat top square sided front with a brass insert is one of the best up front as it will hold elevation better than any other shape.
That is the reason you find the same set up on all modern military arms.
They are the simplest to master and are the most accurate open sight arrangement.

Back