• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer Sight In [73 cal]

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BS

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I temporarily put my TC Tang sight on the receiver to my 73 cal. I just wanted to check windage and elevation for a new Tang sight. {Left and right are on center, so all I need is a elevator screw.}

And the results are................

50 yards with peep sights.... .725 diameter RB

190 grains of FF, 3 shots 2 1/4"

With my new Lancaster buttplate that is 2"s wide, it kicks the snot out of Ya! :hmm:

Droped back to 125 FF and put 3 shots into 1 1/4" at 50yds.

Still kicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shake:

Hell, I may try 80 grains of FF. I doubt that a deer could stop a 550 grain round ball, launched by 80 grains of FF.
Might be able to "duck it", but doubt if it will bounce off! :eek:

post a picture, i gotta see it! Thanks bs, the lowdown on the pedersoli web sight helped, when they contact me with the stem size on a couple of their sights i may drill out the hole on my underhammer to fit. dave

They will probably be a metric thread, but if you like it and can make it work, order a second one for......well just because!

This is an early picture, I have it browned, but it will be this style.
50-PEEP.jpg

I temporarily put my TC Tang sight on the receiver to my 73 cal. I just wanted to check windage and elevation for a new Tang sight. {Left and right are on center, so all I need is a elevator screw.}

Hell, I may try 80 grains of FF. I doubt that a deer could stop a 550 grain round ball, launched by 80 grains of FF.
Might be able to "duck it", but doubt if it will bounce off! :eek:

Did you get that gun from Blue Grouse? Is it rifled or a smoothbore? That is pretty good shooting from it! I know for a fact that deer can't withstand a round ball from a 12 bore. I use 100gr FFg though and in a different gun.

Safe Shooting!
WV_Hillbilly

metric or not - i'll make it fit. I probably will order two, i have two rifles drilled factort for tang sights. dave

Hey BS,
I have a number of underhammers but I don't recognize the one you pictured. Whose is it and are they available?
Mark

Back