• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Underhammer actions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK, but the Pecatonica Long Rifle Supply (google) could probably help you out.

IIRC their UH actions are about $150

Greetings. John Taylor an old member from this site like myself use to be based out of Wa. He recently moved to Lewiston, ID. He was making underhammers. He was using solid brass for the actions. They were similar to the Hopkin and Allens just in brass. Attached are two that he worked on. The lower brass was made from scratch by him. I did the wood work for him on it. It belongs to his daughter. The one above is one of mine which he worked on.

Attachments

• wood work.jpg
    wood work.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 54
They are not that hard to make.. Here's a couple of mine.

Respect Always
metalshaper/Jonathan

btw, Those Billinghurst action sold by MBS are for LARGE barrels and will need a bit of mod'ing if your gonna use them
with barrels less than 1" acf...in my opinion..

Attachments

• Brass Box Lock.jpg
    Brass Box Lock.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DS UH1.jpg
    DS UH1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 36
There was a man in Washington that was making underhammer actions a few years ago. Does anyong know if he is still in business?
I was at Deer Creek a couple of works ago and they're making some underhammers. Give them a call.

Latest posts

Back