• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

uberti serial numbers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzelloader69

32 Cal.
Reaction score
would anybody no how uberti started their serial numbers on there guns back in 1957 when the company started . did they go 1 , 2 , 3 , ect, ect , or were they made up in batches of say 100 and numbered 1-100 batch a , or b .the reason i ask is i have a 1957 uberti 1 diget serial number and wonder if it one of the first ones or just the number in the batch group .

Just an opinion based on over 35 years messing around with many, many, Uberti's...

Think they went 1,2,3 on each model in their earlier years... it is possible they sometimes started over when reaching a milestone like 100,000. I do not think they did small batches of numbers like 1 - 100, 1 - 1,000, etc.

Uberti may have started at 1,2,3 on a production run for Navy Arms, Western Arms Corp. (Later Allen), etc. where the guns had Uberti markings and importer's company name...

From memory, an 1860 Colt, Navy Arms & Uberti marked I got second hand in the mid 1970's had a capital A prefix on the serial number: A67XXX

Looking at:

1. An older Pocket Navy .36, marked Navy Arms & Uberti... it has serial no: 88XXX

2. An older 1860 Colt .44, marked Western Arms Corp. Santa Fe N.M. & Uberti... it has serial no: 109XXX

3. A newer Uberti cap & ball stainless short barrel Remington .44... there are only Uberti markings, no importer. On the butt it is numbered: A46XXX

Am not able to get more Uberti's to look at as am at home & most guns are stored elsewhere. Several early 1851 Navy, Navy Arms and Uberti marked I do not have at hand are marked with just numbers, no letter prefix. These are early plain cylinder models.

Your gun is very interesting with a single diget serial number. What model is it? How is it marked? Is your gun marked both Uberti and Navy Arms?

JMO based on many years experience, hope this helps but perhaps we have raised more questions.

Any Uberti experts out there?

my revolver is marked navy arms , on the top strap and in small letters by the trigger guard , plain cylinder , also marked a. u italy , also its in the origanal box with all the paper work and the cylinder is unturned .

What is the manufacturer's code for year of manufacture? Are all the Italian proofs on the revolver? Is it Uberti marked or also an importers mark? The Replica Percussion Revolver Collector's Association is trying to finalize the first edtion of the book, "Replica Percussion Revolvers-A Collector's Guide" and this information would be helpful. As far as our research (12ys worth) inticate that Uberti indeed did randomly serial number their guns. Further they have no records of how they were numbered themselves.

the revover i have is made around 1960 , on the right side by the wedge it say G. U. made in italy , on the top of the barrel it says navy arms co . on the left side by the trigger guard it also says navy arms co. there is no proof marks the serial # is marked underneith by the trigger guard . this is a navy arms "yank" revolver , it's in the origanal box with all the papers , if you need more info let me no . thanks .

Back