• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Hawken mold?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mossyrock

36 Cal.
Reaction score
So, if you were one of the lucky folks who owned an Uberti Hawken with the .530" bore, where might one come up with a .520" roundball mold? :confused:

I would like to know the answer to that also. I got mine from Jeff Tanner and it works just fine.
Fox :thumbsup:

Rapine Bullet Mould Mgf. Co.
9503 Landis Lane ML
East Greenville, PA 18041

catalog $2

I was unable to find the mold I wanted but I did find 4 boxes of Hornady .520 balls at local shops to tide me over. I have heard good things about Jeff Tanner molds. Dixie Gun Works sells a sissors type mold made to whatever calibur you want. Rapine would be one choice for a "bag" style mold.

I have owned two of these rifles in the past and bought the off-the-shelf .520" round ball, but I may have a chance at another, and would prefer to have a mold. I guess I can give Ray at Rapine a call. I have a couple of his molds, and they are about as good as they get...although I have heard great things about Jeff Tanner's work as well. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Lee used to catalog a .520" RB mold?

You probably will need to have Jeff Tanner make you one. When I got mine, 20 years ago, I could not find a mould so picked up a Lyman .515 single cavity. Before the rifle was finished I found a .520 double mould from Palmento Arms. I know the Lyman mould is not available anymore and pretty sure the one from Palmento Arms is also not available. I have never seen one from Lee.

I have never seen a .520 Lee mould, but have only looked around a short while. I am sure there are probably some Lyman moulds gathering dust out there. I know those were made, unfortunately I have had no success finding any when I called local gun shops.

I did another search and found that Buffalo Arms Co. sells a RCBS .520 double cavity. The Gun Works also listed a couple of "used" .520 moulds.

Mossy
You will find it buried a bit in the Buffalo Arms web site. Its under bullet molds, then click on RCBS molds, then at the bottom of that list you will see RCBS round ball moulds. Click on that and you will find the .520 mould.

Mossy

I am thinking that I may have to put that mold on my wish list and find out if I am on the naughty or nice list.

Mossyrock,
Other than Tanner in the UK, I haven't seen a .520 mold. I can come close, I have a .510 RB mold that I don't use anymore. It's an old Dixie mold that I planed down and put a sprue cutter on. If you can use it, I'd ship it for $50.
Mark

Latest posts

Back