• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti 1851 navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Charlie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
The nipples on my 51 are to small for #11 caps . They have to be pinched to stay on. number 10s are to small.
I would like to get a set of nipples that will fit #11 caps and not fall of in use.
Can someone tell me which ones to use and where to get them. Other than that I love that gun. It gets more shooting time than any of my others. The loose cap thing just drives me up the wall.
Old Charlie

I have found that the Uncle Mike's nipples are about the best around. I have been using them for years now, and have had no cap issues with them

Yea I have a colt series "C" 51 navy. I use Remington #10 which are too big. I have to pinch them significantly to get them to stay on. It can be pain. I don't have any CCI caps to compare to the size of the Remingtons, so I am not sure if there is a cap that would fit well for my pistol.

Ubertis (except for the Walker and Dragoons) use a nipple with 12x28 thread; Treso part number 11-50-16 is the correct thread and is supposed to be for No. 11 caps. They are available at Track of the Wolf as part no. PCC-A for $3.50 each. The Possible Shop sells them under part no. 12-50-16 for $4.75 each. Midway sells 'Uberti' nipples for no. 11 caps, part no. 269654, for $2.99 each but with a 90 day special order wait time. The Log Cabin Sport Shop sells an 'Spitfire Magnum' 12x28 nipple for no. 11 caps under part no. 234134 for $4.50 each. Finally, Thunder Ridge sells the Treso part no. 11-50-16 for $4.49 each.

I have to say that specifying a nipple for a "No. 11 cap" is a manure shoot. Remington No. 11 caps are nowhere near the same size as CCI No. 11 caps, and whether the nipple is actually sized for either of them is completely up in the air. You may get lucky, but then again, you may not. About the only thing you can do is try. And by the way, if you find one that fits, it may not fit the next batch of caps you buy because they vary from batch to batch.

Good Luck.

Back