• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM pictures?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UPS man brought me a present today . . . My TVM late lancaster kit. Not seen many of these, but looks good to me. Now, let me see if the picture posts

photo_zpstujv8fxz.jpg

Oh no ... they carved the lock mortise on the wrong side !!!

:doh:

:grin:

Other than that it looks great ... have fun !!! :thumbsup:

Mac1967 said:
The UPS man brought me a present today . . . My TVM late lancaster kit. Not seen many of these, but looks good to me. Now, let me see if the picture posts

photo_zpstujv8fxz.jpg
Is the barrel already fitted?

Yes, the barrel is fitted . . tang is inlet. I will be drilling it soon. Lock is mortised really well, but there is work to be done around it that makes me nervous .. I know what it needs, but not taking that plunge yet.

I need to attach the barrel via staples and stock pins. Worked on the brass trigger guard first, last night. . it was really rough casting and it is bent too. . my coach is going to work with me on fixing that.

TVM Early Virginia Smooth Rifle I bought last fall from a fellow forum member. 20 gauge, Siler lock, early style double set trigger. 1st attempt at posting photos.

If that one worked, I'll post a couple more.

Johnny Dollar said:
Here is my TVM Southern flint .36

DSC_2611_zpsc0d3b7b0.jpg

DSC_2606_zpsd33ad689.jpg

DSC_2614_zpse8f03095.jpg

DSC_2618_zps18dbcfa5.jpg

Well, I guess I'll post a pic of my TVM .36 SMR. Urine has more better wood thin myun. It's as plain as a spinster cousin but has fired a 3/4" group at 50 yards with 30 grains of 3F.

Certainly a beautiful rifle Hanshi! 30gr is the same load I use. Very accurate and easy to shoot all day!

One thing I am learning from my first build of a TVM late lancaster . .which is going slow - about one night a week working with it, as my schedule is kind of nuts right now. . .

But, I digress . . . one thing I would do differently as a newbie is pay extra money for an investment or wax cast trigger guard and but plate rather than a sand cast.

There's quite a quality difference and workload difference between the two. . and I am better with sandpaper than I am a file.

I know this is an older post, but it had what I was looking for, which is a TVM Early Virginia rifle with the Octagon to Smooth .20 barrel. That may be my next kit project . . .in LH.

Appreciate the pics of your rifle for that reason.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Brokennock said:
Okay, that seemed to work. All y'all are in trouble now.

You're welcome, glad they could help. I'll be posting more of the same gun soon with the newly done barrel color.

Good luck with your build. I look forward to pics of it.

Happy Thanksgiving.

This may sound like a dumb question, I just don't know the TVM Virginia that well . . .does the rifle have a check piece on the butt of the stock?

Happy Thanksgiving to you too !!

"Check piece,"? Not sure what you mean. I have steel furniture so I have a steel butt plate.....

Oh,, you meant cheek piece maybe? Yes, it does. It is of rifle architecture so has a cheek piece.
Sorry, little slow this morning.

Not your fault, I spelled it wrong and made it sound like it was part of the butt plate rather than rear stock.

That makes sense, I guess some fowlers do not have a cheek piece in the stock architecture, but the Virginia is a rife with a smooth bore.

I am going to post this question in the smoothbore section just out of curiosity. . . Is is possible to shoot steel shot (for waterfowl) out of a BP smoothbore without tearing up the barrel ?

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Matt - I've looked At a lot of rifles on the Internet and that one is perhaps the nicest I've seen.

Back