• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM or Gerald Taylor

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rb8941

32 Cal.
Reaction score
First let me thank each of you who responded to my earlier posts. Based on your recommendations I've pretty much decided to have a flintlock built for me rather than buy a Pedersoli or whatever.

Based on your recommendations I've been in touch with TVM. I like their products and Tina is great to deal with so they are very high on my list of choices.

Then I saw a Lehigh Valley rifle on Track of the Wolf which I also like. I don't know anything about the builder though.

Does anyone here own a rifle made by Gerald Taylor and what can you tell me about his rifles?

Thanks,
Rick

PS Choosing a flintluck is fun....the sad part is I only get to choose one.

I'd go with TVM. They used to make some other styles of rifles so you could ask about rifles that are not in their current catalog. And, her name is Toni.

Le Grand said:
I'd go with TVM. They used to make some other styles of rifles so you could ask about rifles that are not in their current catalog. And, her name is Toni.

Right, Toni...that's what I get for posting at 6AM. Sorry, Toni.

You can go with a number of options on the TVM. Just decide what you want and call Toni. They will work with you. And you can rest assured if something is wrong with a TVM product Matt and Toni will stand behind it until Hell freezes over. :bow:

Another fan of TVM here, Matt and Toni are the best. I have their fowler and iron lancaster, both beautiful guns and fine shooters.

I can recommend the Jack Garner TVM. Have a .40 percussion he did from a stock donated as a prize years ago. Maybe the best shooting ML I have.

Have not done business w/ Matt and Toni but plenty of positive comments here and elsewhere. Know nothingof the other feller - not a negative, just do not know of him.

TC

The TVM guns I have seen were nice guns, just consider whether at some time a persona with correct gun is on your mine you may have to make some alterations from the stock parts list they show.,swamped barrel, brass furniture, type of wood for stock and some other little items, that will turn the gun into a true replica so to speak.

40 Flint said:
I can recommend the Jack Garner TVM. Have a .40 percussion he did from a stock donated as a prize years ago. Maybe the best shooting ML I have.

Have not done business w/ Matt and Toni but plenty of positive comments here and elsewhere. Know nothingof the other feller - not a negative, just do not know of him.

TC
FTR Jack is Tennessee Valley Manufacturing
Toni and Matt are Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading Inc.

They're both in Corinth. Jack was TVMuz, then sold it to Matt and later opened TVMan.

Cornfused yet?

NEVER heard anything bad about either.

Thanks, Wade.

Always knew Jack as TVM but did not know of the mfg vs muz. Sounds like Matt and Toni did not have a non compete clause in their purchase or it was not structured adequately (jmo).

At any rate, my Jack Garner gun is a real shooter.

TC

Back