• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM Early Lancaster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfisher76544

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well my EL finally got here!!! .50 cal, 42 inch swamped barrel.

DSCF1416.jpg

The horn was made by a friend

Great looking but..........we need Details!!!! Caliber,barrel when did you order ect.?
Macon

That is very nice. TVM has been very busy lately. Lock is on the left side, swamped barrel, 50 caliber, Early Lancaster, yep that would be a perfect rifle by my standards. Tell us how it shoots. Has it got a patchbox?

Macon Due said:
Great looking but..........we need Details!!!! Caliber,barrel when did you order ect.?
Macon

Oooops! Sorry about that. She's a .50 caliber with a 42 inch swamped barrel. I ordered her in November, Matt said that the swamped rice barrels have been coming in at a slower rate and plus he has been swamped with work.

Great looking rifle...plenty of time to get it dialed in for hunting season too...congratulations !

:thumbsup:

My 36 caliber should be here in 2 weeks or so. Talked with Toni yesterday and sent in the balance for the rifle today. Matt is a bit busy right now, I ordered mine back in mid December.

Went to the range today. I just had to burn some powder today. I decided to start off using 60 grains and shot 3 groups and increased by 5 grains each time. I am settling in at 70 grains of 3F with a .018 patch and .490 PRB. The target was 25 yards.
image2.jpg

That's a fine shooting rifle and a good looking one, too. Those TVMs are among the best.

Congratulations to you on a fine choice of rifle an rifle maker. Now the fun begins :hatsoff:

Sweet, I also love that you had it built with the lock on the 'correct' side! I ordered in Jan :( so I reckon a couple more months to go and Rice barrels told me no more swamped .45's till July anyhow. Sure wishing I had mine for all this good weather though.
Macon

Very nice! :hatsoff: I know you'll enjoy it even if the lock is on the wrong side. :wink:

pretty rifle and the shootin' ain't bad either,don't you hang out some on GON /woodys??

Good for you, Flyfisher!!

Ordered in Jan, basically same rifle, except 38" swamped Rice. I am queriuos as to how well she balances, I'm sure just fine. And if you could put her on a scale for us??? B wt or C wt?

Bill

Looks like some nice curl in that wood (I love maple)! Stained a nice color, too.

Enjoy your new gun (looks like you are already)! :thumbsup:

I have an early Lancaster on order - not quite as fancy as yours. I wanted the second (set) trigger, not available on the late Lancaster.
Doug

Back