• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turner Kirkland Brass Boxlock pocket pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbennettnc

20-to-the-pound
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody else out there got one of these? It's .41 caliber, all brass, smoothbore barrel amd the framd seem to be one piece, box lock with only full cock. Made it Italy, and imported by Turner Kirkland Dixie Gun Works renown.
Planning to shoot it soon. Thinking I'll use a .380 ball with 15 grains behind it. Any information is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230617_071844.jpg
    20230617_071844.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 20230617_071855.jpg
    20230617_071855.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230617_071957.jpg
    20230617_071957.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230617_072003.jpg
    20230617_072003.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks for that info! Is there a database that I could access to see info like that? I've seen posts of people using the proof markings and serial number to find out when guns were made, but haven't learnt how to do that myself yet. Thanks!

Curious is there an original pocket pistol this is based on, Years ago many years ago I was about 14 years old at an, auction, (I am 67 now) I bought a box of stuff in the bottom of the box was a pistol exactly like this, there is no markings anywhere on the gun, I have never shot it but it works perfect strong cock on the hammer and releases as it should.

Years ago we had a poker table shoot at our club. Chips and cards on the table. The shooter was seated and had to shoot at the target on the other side of the table. Shooter that cam closest to the bull won the pistol. We ended up with holes through the table, chips and cards everywhere. Was a fun shoot. Thankfully only the table was injured.

Latest posts

Back