• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turkeys

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebel

Cannon
Reaction score
Well, it finally quit raining so i went out this evening looking for a turkey. Only problem is finding open public land around here. I did see 9 deer and finally as i was going down the main road to look for a place to get off and hunt, i spotted 3 nice toms and a hen with 4 baby Goblets. Isn't that a baby gobler, a Goblet? :: Unfortunately, they were just about in somebodys front yard. Ohh well, going out of town the other way tomorrow evening and see what i can find that way.

Good to hear you're still chasing them. You're hooked now :front:. The key to turkey hunting?...never give up!

You guys must be well ahead of us up here, as our hens are laying but they're at least a couple weeks away from hatching. Oh - and the little 'uns are called poults. :peace:

A "Goblet"... :huh:

How do you tell the difference between a Goblet, and a little Goblee? :crackup: :crackup:

Do Goblee's have little pigtails, with little pink bows?

Honestly Rod, I didn't know you were a drinking man. I better hurry down there and help you out a bit. You seem to be having too much fun. :shocking:

Russ...old "Goblet".

I was just kidding about the GOBLETS. :: Yea, i guess we are a bit ahead. Have had baby Canada geese for a few weeks now too. These were the first wild baby turkeys i have ever seen. Was good to be out just to see them.

Nope they sure don't. I kept hearing horror stories about the wild turkeys. How they were too tough to eat. Well, from my first experience with eating one, i have to say, it was really pretty good. And i can't say the same for geese. Too each their own though.

I grilled some turkey breast on Saturday, just cut it in strips and sprinkle with a little cajun stuff and let er' rip... Good, mighty good.

Rebel,
I have, and once you do you will not have it any
other way. I still cook the "THANKSGING" turkey in the
oven more out of tradition rather
than taste. :imo:
snake-eyes :results:

My favorite wild turkey recipe is "turkey fingers". Cut breast meat into strips. Dredge in seasoned flour (lots of lemon pepper works nicely, or regular black pepper). Then into egg and then cracker or bread crumbs. Fry in deep olive oil (a half inch or so) until golden. Serve with honey mustard and enjoy! ::

As for the geese, we shoot LOTS each year. For my taste, they are best made into pepperettes, sausage etc. but we do enjoy a plate of blueberry goose breast now and then.

Back