• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tubing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tans' , if indeed what the fella in the article is using is plain sch80 black pipe and not DOM thick walled hyd. tubing ,its just a matter of when it gives loose.
The plain uncertified sch80 we used in pipe fitting was no where thick enough and was unkown metal . I replaced lots of it in the 34 years working there that had been split from freezing.Sch 80 doesnt have a very thick wall :shocked2:

Fw707:"I am sincerely sorry for any controversy that it has caused".
Don't be too sorry. This thread and the other have generated a lot of useful information. We are all adults here; we can get by strongly held and stated opinions.
Pete

513 1 inch outside and .50 inside with a .25 wall thickness is easily available. At 60$ for 6inches, for 360$ you can get enough to start cutting a reasonable length barrel out of. I am assuming a commercial customer buying a truckload could reduce that price by 2/3rds. Then you only have 120$ in the blank piece of tube. A barrel is around 200$ already made up of correct materials. You have to need to pay for a piece of equipment pretty bad to work it that much for those kinds of profit margins.

Latest posts

Back