• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Triple 7 3f

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learn to make everything needed to supply your Arms.
Pray for American Freedom. Evil is stalking our Land. Do not trust food from Far East suppliers. Things like Prions do a slow
kill delayed over years, and can be put in our food supplies to damage us by stealth. Be on guard.

I will give that a try, sometimes I hear what sounds like a double boom I wonder if that is the patches blowing.
Are you sure that wasn’t a hang fire you were hearing?

I had several delayed or hang fires with 2F T7 out of my New Englander.

I was using a regular nipple.

Triple 7 2f and 3f have always worked well in my TC percussion rifles and Patriot pistoI. I used it for years, except my hybrid TC Cougar 50 cal. ( It has a Hawken barrel on the Cougar stock and hardware ) Every time I shot it with 3F 777 it would go bang, then I would get this weird turbo spooling up sound like sucking air through the nipple then it would send out rings of smoke, it's pretty darn funny to watch. That rifle is happily named Turbo Lover. What I found was, not all of the powder was burning off in the initial blast, maybe the simple green and water patch being over saturated... idk. Now when I shoot 40gr of 3f Goex it is extremely accurate at 25 and 50 yards offhand with perfect ignition. 100 yards I have to bump my charge up to 70gr to get good bench groups at 100 yards. All are with .490 rb and .015 wonder lube patches.

777 does NOT like any compression at all. If each load has small differences it will show up.

I am currently shooting Triple 7 3F in my new .50 cal caplock. I am consistently hitting steel plates 8" to 12" at 50-100 yds and even as far out as 150 yds with 50 grains, an .015 patch and a .480 ball.

So I'd say it's pretty accurate with even just a mild load.

777 does NOT like any compression at all. If each load has small differences it will show up.
Interesting. I pack every load of t-7 pretty well in 3 different rifles-TC Hawken, Traditions Hawken and St. Louis Hawken, and it functions really accurately for me. Maybe inconsistent compression is the real and bigger problem. That would probably show up in real black powder as well. I have only been doing this for a bit over a year and these 3 rifles have accounted for 4 deer from 30 to 80 yards and accuracy has been great. All with t-7, 2f SW

Interesting. I pack every load of t-7 pretty well in 3 different rifles-TC Hawken, Traditions Hawken and St. Louis Hawken, and it functions really accurately for me. Maybe inconsistent compression is the real and bigger problem. That would probably show up in real black powder as well. I have only been doing this for a bit over a year and these 3 rifles have accounted for 4 deer from 30 to 80 yards and accuracy has been great. All with t-7, 2f SW
Everyone's idea of accuracy is different, What kind of groups are you getting at 25 yards?

Found this one from 06.
32target7-05.jpg

wiped between shots.
27" Douglas barrel.

Latest posts

Back